Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone with Balancing Problems?

[be...]
Posted (edited)

I couldn't stand up or walk straight for about a week. Now I can walk though.

I wonder if other people had the same experiences because it is not listed as one of the Benzo WD symptoms on other websites and I'm always worried  if my body has other impairments or diseases.

Edited by [be...]

[Kr...]

Me!! I could walk but it seemed I was on a boat all the way through the day. Still feel dizzy but it’s getting better, some days better than others 

[pi...]

Hello @[be...],

When I had to stop Ativan for a medical test, cold turkey, I had to hold the walls while walking. Later on when I tapered off, I did have balance issues. I had bruises on my legs from running into the furniture. Benzos do disrupt the vestibular system. This symptom did leave, never to return again. 

It’s not a bad idea to get a check up to alleviate any worry about other health conditions. I did, results all normal which meant what I felt was ‘just’ withdrawal.

[kn...]

I’ve had balance issues on and off throughout my nearly three year taper. I, too, had a thorough neurological work up that revealed no problems. I was worried about Parkinson’s, ALS, the lot. I have a cane that I keep on hand for those days when it gets to be a problem. I feel more confident with it. And, if I have to go to the Dr.’s , etc. it’s good to not have to not have to hang onto walls, doorframes and such.