Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[ca...]
7 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

It will come and go just like other symptoms. If it is from your anxiety, this breathing technique can help lower your bpm.

Thank you

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

Thank you

My sister suffered severe anxiety most of her life. The feeling of not being able to get a deep or satisfying breath was a huge symptom of hers. She was constantly jutting her chin forward taking deep breaths. Breathing exercises finally helped her overcome. It feels like you will suffocate, but you won't. Its just a mean trick anxiety is playing on you.

• Like 1

[ca...]
Posted (edited)

4 nights, no sleep ,short of breath, VERY anxious, I can barely shower 

I dont know if I have the strenght to continue or go back to the pills. This is so so tough. 

If I take an extra pill to sleep a couple of hours, would I mess this tapet up????

Edited by [ca...]

[Cr...]
2 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I dont know if I have the strenght to continue or go back to the pills. This is so so tough. 

If I take an extra pill to sleep a couple of hours, would I mess this tapet up????

You are not tapering yet so no. A one off extra dose doesn't mean you will have to adjust your regular daily dose. You take .25 x 3 a day right? So I assume you want to take 2 pills ( total of .5 mg) for your night dose? If your doctor is okay with PRN use you could try that. If you do it too often or regularly you may have to taper from 1 mg instead of .75 mg when it comes time to taper.

I imagine right now you just want at least one night with some relief. As much as I would like to tell you to resist taking an extra dose, I am not the one currently experiencing what you are. Do what you feel you need to Carlos. We will support you.

Edited by [Cr...]

[En...]
19 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I hope you are doing much better today Carlos. Keep fighting you will feel better soon. 

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I hope you are doing much better today Carlos. Keep fighting you will feel better soon. 

Not a good day today either. My brain does not feel right, no sleep either😞, breathless. Also, i need to at least walk but no energy, extreme fatigue. 

Edited by [ca...]

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Not a good day today either. My brain does not feel right, no sleep either😞, breathless. Also, i need to at least walk but no energy, extreme fatigue. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I too am having a bad day. I am right there with you in this. 

We will feel better soon. Everyday is healing. 

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I too am having a bad day. I am right there with you in this. 

Also very depressed. More than ever. 

[En...]
Just now, [[c...] said:

That is also part of the withdrawal symptoms. That is probably the hardest part is anxiety and depression. Those will get better everyday. Its not forever.

[jo...]
9 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

it can be brutal I know. But it will lift.

[ca...]
28 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

What are your symptoms today? The lack of exercise is not helping me at all but as much as I try I have no energy because I dont rest. It is such a bad vicious cycle.

[ca...]
17 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

it can be brutal I know. But it will lift.

Brutal is an understatement. Feeling depressed is just being torture alive as having anxiety. 😔

[jo...]
7 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Brutal is an understatement. Feeling depressed is just being torture alive as having anxiety. 😔

It is the worst feeling imaginable. But it will get better. Keep going(y)

[En...]
11 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

What are your symptoms today? The lack of exercise is not helping me at all but as much as I try I have no energy because I dont rest. It is such a bad vicious cycle.

I have bad anxiety today and a bad headache and sore muscles and an upset stomach. I went for a walk which helps but I still feel the symptoms. 

You will be able to exercise again give yourself some time. It was 2 weeks before I could go for walks again and I did that slowly. 

[ca...]
8 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I have bad anxiety today and a bad headache and sore muscles and an upset stomach. I went for a walk which helps but I still feel the symptoms. 

You will be able to exercise again give yourself some time. It was 2 weeks before I could go for walks again and I did that slowly. 

I need because of my heart condition too. I became very sedentary since I started with all this mess and it has affected my heart tremendously. It is very hot here in Florida now so I will try yo at least do 1/2 a mile later in the day. Not sleeping is not helping me either. I hope you are getting some sleep. Mine is bad even last night taking .5mg dis not help. Yhe body wants more but i have noyiced before that when i took a higher dose i would wake up with a really bad benzo hangover. But BAD.. IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT. My situation is delicate becasue of my heart but i am already in this so xant look back. 

[En...]
37 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I need because of my heart condition too. I became very sedentary since I started with all this mess and it has affected my heart tremendously. It is very hot here in Florida now so I will try yo at least do 1/2 a mile later in the day. Not sleeping is not helping me either. I hope you are getting some sleep. Mine is bad even last night taking .5mg dis not help. Yhe body wants more but i have noyiced before that when i took a higher dose i would wake up with a really bad benzo hangover. But BAD.. IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT. My situation is delicate becasue of my heart but i am already in this so xant look back. 

Dont exercise too much right now just take it easy. Be good to yourself. Go outside and feel the sun. Look at the sky. Hear the birds. 

[La...]

It’s a good idea to not restrict your diet too much if you’re not having. revving up after eating certain foods. If you do just avoid that for awhile and continue eating whatever you like. Include fresh fruits and vegetables, proteins and eat them as much as you like. Some people avoid sugar. (. Not natural sugar in fruits). Caffeine is a known culprit to be over stimulating. It’s a good idea to avoid MSG, preservatives and soy such as in Chinese foods. Drink plenty of water/ fluids. Be careful not to drink too much water too close together because it can wash too much salt from your body and that’s dangerous. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Hi Carlos. So from the looks of it you did end up taking an extra dose of klonopin to try to sleep but didn't get any relief, correct?

The same situation happened to me about 3 months benzo free when I caused a flareup from a dose of Lexapro. I took 1 to 1.5 mgs of klonopin that night and got no relief. That alarmed me because I expected to feel something. It turned out to be a good thing too as it reinforced the idea that the only way to recovery was moving forward, not backward.

The good news is that since that was a one-off extra dose you shouldn't have to worry about messing up your tapering dose.

I know you are concerned about your heart condition, are you on any meds for it? My sister has a severe heart condition in the form Long QT. It was a long battle for her to taper off of Ativan but she succeeded and life is finally back to normal for her.

What all have you tried taking to help your sleep?

• Like 1

[ca...]
15 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Carlos. So from the looks of it you did end up taking an extra dose of klonopin to try to sleep but didn't get any relief, correct?

The same situation happened to me about 3 months benzo free when I caused a flareup from a dose of Lexapro. I took 1 to 1.5 mgs of klonopin that night and got no relief. That alarmed me because I expected to feel something. It turned out to be a good thing too as it reinforced the idea that the only way to recovery was moving forward, not backward.

The good news is that since that was a one-off extra dose you shouldn't have to worry about messing up your tapering dose.

I know you are concerned about your heart condition, are you on any meds for it? My sister has a severe heart condition in the form Long QT. It was a long battle for her to taper off of Ativan but she succeeded and life is finally back to normal for her.

What all have you tried taking to help your sleep?

Ive taking  15mg Mirtazepine for over a year but is not working anymore. Trazodone hives me palpitations.

[Cr...]
15 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Ive taking  15mg Mirtazepine for over a year but is not working anymore. Trazodone hives me palpitations.

Hmmm. I was gonna see if you wanted to ask your doctor about using 7.5 mg of Mirt since a lower dose often seems to cause more sleepiness than higher doses. But... after using it for a year you may face some withdrawal issues dropping your dose in half like that. In the condition you are in now you need not increase your problems any further.

Hydroxyzine has helped some members. It is an antihistamine. Quetiapine (Seroquel) is also used by some members for insomnia, but being an anti-psychotic med it has its own potential problems, albeit usually at higher doses. Might not be an option for patients with heart issues.

Even without taking anything extra I am sure your sleep will come back in due time.  Have you noticed improvements in any of your other symptoms? No matter how small.

Edited by [Cr...]

[ca...]
15 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hmmm. I was gonna see if you wanted to ask your doctor about using 7.5 mg of Mirt since a lower dose often seems to cause more sleepiness than higher doses. But... after using it for a year you may face some withdrawal issues dropping your dose in half like that. In the condition you are in now you need not increase your problems any further.

Hydroxyzine has helped some members. It is an antihistamine. Quetiapine (Seroquel) is also used by some members for insomnia, but being an anti-psychotic med it has its own potential problems, albeit usually at higher doses. Might not be an option for patients with heart issues.

Even without taking anything extra I am sure your sleep will come back in due time.  Have you noticed improvements in any of your other symptoms? No matter how small.

What type of withdrawal symptoms can I experience if stopping Mirt?

I get a lot of head sensations, stomach issues,depression,skin breakouts,shortness of breath,insomnia and of course heightened anxiety. I get muscle spams on my left side (hand and foot).

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

get a lot of head sensations, stomach issues,depression,skin breakouts,shortness of breath,insomnia and of course heightened anxiety. I get muscle spams on my left side (hand and foot).

What do you mean get? Are those symptoms that you are currently dealing with right now in regards to trying to stablize on .75 mg of Klonopin?

Mirtazapine should never just be 'stopped' when used regularly for more than month. You will need to ween yourself off slowly, but that shouldn't be something to think about at this moment. Concentrate on getting yourself back to a state where you can begin your clonazepam taper. 

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

What do you mean get? Are those symptoms that you are currently dealing with right now in regards to trying to stablize on .75 mg of Klonopin?

Mirtazapine should never just be 'stopped' when used regularly for more than month. You will need to ween yourself off slowly, but that shouldn't be something to think about at this moment. Concentrate on getting yourself back to a state where you can begin your clonazepam taper. 

Can we eat white jasmine rice? 

Edited by [En...]

[Cr...]
40 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Can we eat white jasmine rice? 

In regards to what? I am confused. Did you mean to quote, and respond to, a different post?

Edited by [Cr...]

[En...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

In regards to what? I am confused. Did you mean to quote, and respond to, a different post?

No I am wondering if eating white rice will affect symptoms