Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

FOOD TO AVOID DURING WITHDRAWAL

[En...]
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Yes, mornings are bad. I'm in bed sometimes gasping for air. Then, the long days where most of the time I don't find much to do and the cycle begins.  I will try to take the .25mg at midday and hold.  I was aggressive on my tapers as well. This is probably why I have the heightened anxiety but I refuse to come back up.

How long did the heightened anxiety last for you????

I still have some morning anxiety but the bad anxiety lasted 2 weeks. 

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[c...] said:

Screw that. I'm sofocating right now but I'm holding on to God my friend. The tightness on the chest is horrible but I am sucking it up.  How old are you? I'm on Florida, where are you?

I'm in Canada. I too am holding onto God through this. I feel my faith is helping through. This is the worst thing I have ever been through. It affects every part of my life. 

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I'm in Canada. I too am holding onto God through this. I feel my faith is helping through. This is the worst thing I have ever been through. It affects every part of my life. 

🙏🏻🙏🏻100%.  Last but not least. What other symptoms are you experiencing?

[En...]
4 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

🙏🏻🙏🏻100%.  Last but not least. What other symptoms are you experiencing?

My symptoms are getting better with time.

I felt very hot and had a bad headache and very sore muscles and bad dreams and numb toes and vomiting and stomach issues. When I slept I felt like I was floating and slowly vibrating when I would wake from a dream. 

I am also still pretty tired feeling. I get waves of symptoms. 

[ca...]
1 minute ago, [[E...] said:

My symptoms are getting better with time.

I felt very hot and had a bad headache and very sore muscles and bad dreams and numb toes and vomiting and stomach issues. When I slept I felt like I was floating and slowly vibrating when I would wake from a dream. 

I am also still pretty tired feeling. I get waves of symptoms. 

I am tired ALL the time from lack of quality sleep plus the fatigue benzos induce.  Not having a good night sleep agreviates my anxiety. I'm on Mirtazapine 15mg to help me sleep here and there. It is a hit or miss like last night I got no sleep. I put clothes in the washer machine and I'm breathless. 

[An...]
2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Be careful with that 0.25mg jump. I am at 0.25mg clonazepam myself and will do a 10% cut and hold to see how I handle that. I did a 0.25mg cut my last time and I suffered. I know we want to get off this stuff as fast as possible but you dont want to be in a position where you cannot tolerate the withdrawal symptoms and need to go back up. That's why I am going to taper 10% and see how I feel. 

I agree with what @[En...] said. Klonopin is a beast. I would be very careful (taper slowly) b/f dumping that last .25. Please keep us updated.

• Like 1

[ca...]
14 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I agree with what @[En...] said. Klonopin is a beast. I would be very careful (taper slowly) b/f dumping that last .25. Please keep us updated.

I just feel that .25mg is not doing anything on me anymore. I can't get rid of the anxiety.

[Cr...]
17 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I just feel that .25mg is not doing anything on me anymore. I can't get rid of the anxiety.

Its not about how the .25 mg is benefitting you, it is about how the .25 mg may negatively affect you if you drop it all at once.

Once most people hit tolerance, or the point where they need to taper off, the positive effects of the benzos have long since stopped. While .25 mg is seen as a low dose, Clonazepam is a high potency benzo.  Mg for Mg it is 2x as potent as Ativan and 20x as potent as Valium.

• Like 3

[ca...]
9 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Its not about how the .25 mg is benefitting you, it is about how the .25 mg may negatively affect you if you drop it all at once.

Once most people hit tolerance, or the point where they need to taper off, the positive effects of the benzos have long since stopped. While .25 mg is seen as a low dose, Clonazepam is a high potency benzo.  Mg for Mg it is 2x as potent as Ativan and 20x as potent as Valium.

Thanks Crono, my blind desperate mind is probably not thinking straight and want to discontinue this poison sooner than later. I appreciate your feedback. 

[En...]
16 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Thanks Crono, my blind desperate mind is probably not thinking straight and want to discontinue this poison sooner than later. I appreciate your feedback. 

Yes you dont want to learn  this the hard way. Best to get yourself a scale and taper down 10% at a time and see how you feel. You will want to wait until you are stable before going forward. That could take a month. It did for me after an aggressive taper last time. 

[mo...]

Hello. I went too fast from 1m k to .5 (8wks) now I'm holding to stabilize per Dr. Then plan on 10% cut from previous dose and hold it least 2 weeks see how symptoms are...3 weeks on .5 and still pretty rough. I want to dry taper with scale. My question...when I reach .125 the pills are dissolve under tongue. Do they dry cut well?

[An...]
20 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I agree. Many docs say klonopin is the most potent benzo there is, and I personally believe this, having spent 13 years myself on this benzo. 

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I agree. Many docs say klonopin is the most potent benzo there is, and I personally believe this, having spent 13 years myself on this benzo. 

I'm in the hospital now with nad withdrawals. My blood pressure was 186/116 with 100 heart rate. Anxiety is bad. I think I dropped to drastically from .75mg to .25mg.  I am a heart patient with an triple bypass performed last September so I freaked out and called the ambulance.  I think they are going to up my dose again to .75mg.  I feel very bad now plus hospitals make me really more anxious.

Edited by [ca...]

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Yes you dont want to learn  this the hard way. Best to get yourself a scale and taper down 10% at a time and see how you feel. You will want to wait until you are stable before going forward. That could take a month. It did for me after an aggressive taper last time. 

You were right. I'm in the hospital now having bad withdrawals.

Edited by [ca...]
  • Sad 1

[En...]
19 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

You were right. I'm in the hospital no having bad withdrawals.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Clonazepam is a potent drug. Like I said I found out the hard way and have been suffering my entire taper.

I now use a scale and am going to take 10% off a cut. 

I hope you feel better soon. Being at the hospital you are in a safe place. I had to go to the ER a few times myself and got lots of tests done only to find out my health is good but it at least gives you peace of mind knowing your symptoms are all withdrawal. 

If I were you I would hold until you feel better then continue with your taper doing smaller cuts. We all want to get off this drug asap but we have to be somewhat functional too. 

Keep us updated as to how you are doing. You are not alone in this journey. 

• Like 2

[ca...]
20 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Clonazepam is a potent drug. Like I said I found out the hard way and have been suffering my entire taper.

I now use a scale and am going to take 10% off a cut. 

I hope you feel better soon. Being at the hospital you are in a safe place. I had to go to the ER a few times myself and got lots of tests done only to find out my health is good but it at least gives you peace of mind knowing your symptoms are all withdrawal. 

If I were you I would hold until you feel better then continue with your taper doing smaller cuts. We all want to get off this drug asap but we have to be somewhat functional too. 

Keep us updated as to how you are doing. You are not alone in this journey. 

Thank you Eng101.  So should I go back to .25mg three times a day until stable?

I feel really bad, like if I'm going crazy,bad anxiety. I feel like people look at me funny. I also have this skin infection. Joke itch and my face itches which I don't want yo touch.

[Le...]

you have an underlying condition and should be very cautious. I would get stable then make a plan to minimize the effect of WD. There is a ton of info here and lots of very experienced members to help. 

• Like 2

[ca...]
On 04/06/2024 at 13:56, [[c...] said:

Screw that. I'm sofocating right now but I'm holding on to God my friend. The tightness on the chest is horrible but I am sucking it up.  How old are you? I'm on Florida, where are you?

I'm 52. I'm in Jacksonville Florida. I tried to tough it out but I got scared because of my heart condition. 

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

I'm in the hospital now with nad withdrawals. My blood pressure was 186/116 with 100 heart rate. Anxiety is bad. I think I dropped to drastically from .75mg to .25mg.  I am a heart patient with an triple bypass performed last September so I freaked out and called the ambulance.  I think they are going to up my dose again to .75mg.  I feel very bad now plus hospitals make me really more anxious.

Terribly sorry to hear this. My sister went through a tough lorazepam taper and had to go really slow due to her heart issies (Long QT).

For the sake of your health you really may want to pause your taper and focus on stabilizing. With your health issues an updose back to .5 or .75 may be the best route forward. I say 'forward' and not 'backward' because you may recover a lot more easily by slow tapering off .75 mg than you would have by your rapid taper.

Many other Buddies have had to go back to a previous dose due to fast tapers or health issues and were still able to become benzo free later on. Do not beat yourself up about this. 

I hope you stabilize in due time and come back into the fight with renewed vigor and spirit.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[An...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[c...] said:

Carlos, I am happy to hear you are currently ok. I did not say anything, but I was thinking to myself "Carlos Is" reducing too rapidly and CTs and rapid benzo w/d's can be very dangerous with or w/o other underlying health conditions. I know we all want off these drugs as fast as possible, but you must do it slowly and safely to have the greatest chance of long-term success.

Edited by [An...]
addition
  • Like 1

[ca...]
12 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Terribly sorry to hear this. My sister went through a tough lorazepam taper and had to go really slow due to her heart issies (Long QT).

For the sake of your health you really may want to pause your taper and focus on stabilizing. With your health issues an updose back to .5 or .75 may be the best route forward. I say 'forward' and not 'backward' because you may recover a lot more easily by slow tapering off .75 mg than you would have by your rapid taper.

Many other Buddies have had to go back to a previous dose due to fast tapers or health issues and were still able to become benzo free later on. Do not beat yourself up about this. 

I hope you stabilize in due time and come back into the fight with renewed vigor and spirit.

Thank you guys.  They are going to give me a dose Librium to make me feel comfortable.

• Like 2

[En...]
18 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Thank you guys.  They are going to give me a dose Librium to make me feel comfortable.

Hope your feeling better today. I would suggest that you go slower in the remainder of you taper. 

I myself am suffering through this as well. It is scary to go through this and there is little to no support for us in our lives. Thank God we have this site with some very supportive people here. 

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Hope your feeling better today. I would suggest that you go slower in the remainder of you taper. 

I myself am suffering through this as well. It is scary to go through this and there is little to no support for us in our lives. Thank God we have this site with some very supportive people here. 

Hello my friend, not feeling well at all.  Still in the hospital.  I'm going back up to .75md day.  They just gave me .25mg

Yes, the suffering is undiscriable 😪I'm crying like a baby.  I know God has a plan for me, not sure what that is but I believe it. 

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hello my friend, not feeling well at all.  Still in the hospital.  I'm going back up to .75md day.  They just gave me .25mg

Yes, the suffering is undiscriable 😪I'm crying like a baby.  I know God has a plan for me, not sure what that is but I believe it. 

Take care of yourself. Keep us updated as to how you are feeling and when you get out. I am praying for your recovery. 

[ca...]
21 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Take care of yourself. Keep us updated as to how you are feeling and when you get out. I am praying for your recovery. 

They are going to discharge me today. Doctors hace no knowledge of how to treat withdrawals or have the proper training.  One was suggesting to go into a detox center which I already tried they almost kill me.  There os no way you can taper at these places in 5,15 or 30 days. I will go home and continue my homework in the name of God.