Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help. 6 months on Xanax .50

[Lu...]
Posted (edited)

I’ve been Xanax .50 3 times daily for 6 months and just realizing how serious this is, I want off them. I’ve been cold Turkey 4 days. Normal lack of sleep, loss of appetite. I’m so scared of this and mad at myself for getting on to these meds. It’s destroying me. My question is do I need to wait years before I feel back to normal? 

Edited by [Lu...]
  • Like 1

[je...]

Recovery normally won’t take years. It usually takes anywhere from 6-24 months. It doesn’t mean the intensity of your symptoms will remain the same. It should get better as time goes by. 

If your symptoms are unmanageable you can reinstate and taper down. But if you can function then you can try and tough it out. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I know it’s scary but you’ll get through it. We have all been in the same situation when we first realised what these drugs were. We know what you’re going through.

• Like 1

[be...]

I was on Xanax for only 30 days and I'm like 30 days off now. It is very tough for me now. I know that everyone is different and I might be more sensitive but it is like hell for me now

• Like 1

[Lu...]

So for 6/24 months I’m going to feel spaced out like I’m feeling now? Can’t function like this? Too much on my plate with the family and work 

[je...]

The acute phase can last for weeks to a couple of months. No one can give you a specific time frame as it varies for each individual. You might feel better in 3 weeks or you might feel better (not necessarily recovered) in 3-6 months. As I said, it is unlikely that the intensity of your symptoms will remain the same for months and months on end. The severity of the symptoms should lessen with time. However, we cannot tell you exactly how long it will take before the severity will lessen. 

If you feel you cannot function you might want to consider reinstatement and then taper off slowly. This will help you gain back functionality and then your symptoms should be more manageable as you slowly reduce your dose.

[Lu...]
Posted (edited)

I can see how people don’t make it through this. This is terrible, nobody told me this crap. I already got into an accident at work while on it. I feel like did I really mess myself up indefinite? I can’t believe the doctors did not explain this to me when I was explaining I wasn’t getting enough sleep due to anxiety smh. 

Edited by [Lu...]

[Lu...]

Electric jolts couple of days ago. Can’t sleep which I know is the most common symptom 

[Lu...]

I’m on day 5 CT another experiencing anything like what I’ve read besides feeling confused, lack of energy, hard to make decisions,insomnia and depression 

[be...]

at least u can walk. i couldnt walk on day 3. keep it updated everyday bro