Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Request taper plan for Ativan 3mg

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise for leaving this thread these last few days.

My present situation:

Sleeping okay for 5 to 7 hours. Waking up with anxiety and I get up from bed and stay busy with work at home and the feeling gradually subsides in about half an hour.

Lightheadedness sets in a little after i wake up and is persistent throughout the day until I sleep.

Noon dose 2.30pm of 0.5 mg (1mg since 2 days- I have a question about this)

Soon after this dose,  my worst symptoms all begin and stay till later in the evening. Chest pain, constricted throat, swaying sensations, acidic stomach, low mood.

Night dose 8.30pm 2.5mg ativan (2 mg since last two days)

Symptoms normally subside by 80 percent at least and sleep sets in a little after midnight.

--------------------

My condition is worsening. I have been on here for 6 months reading and in tolerance. Situation is that I have some legal work over the next 4 weeks and I cannot yet tip over for any reason.

I have spoken to Dr.MH, Dr YWD and Nicole Lamberson.

One thing in common that they suggested is that I micro taper directly from Ativan as I could not adjust to Diazepam.

Regarding my dosage...though i got floxxed and hence tolerance began, I was mostly okay on my 3mg night dose of years.

I gathered that people split doses and I did the same 0-0.5-2.5 mg. I now feel I made a mistake because I feel worse around that noon dose. And again, all the above I spoke to said I should dose 2 or 3 times a day.

I'm on 0-1-2mg the last 2 days. Am I doing the right thing? Or should I go back to 0-0.5-2.5?

I have developed trouble swallowing too and a burpy sensation that doesn't release itself...this is concerning me.

The new dosing schedule hasn't changed anything for me yet.

On one hand, I read and hear about drug needing to stay even in the blood stream and hence dose split for Ativan. And on the other hand, about making few changes.

Also, can I taper all the way with pills? I do not have liquids available.

I was reading @[Dr...]s recent posts and i realise i have to be careful about my dosing pattern. 

I spoke to my psychiatrist today. He is fine with prescribing Ativan and has asked me to consider an anti depressant (zoloft or escitolapram) when I told him about my newer morning anxiety issues.  I do know this is the benzo wearing out. I'm hesitant to commit to another drug.

My days are getting tougher. But I am able to step out during the morning hours and attend to work. After 2pm, I can't imagine leaving my bed. On a mental level too, I'm not functioning with confidence.

[je...]

I am very sorry to hear you are struggling. I know how difficult it is to struggle with symptoms. :hug:With multiple subsequent threads after this one related to dosing, it makes it difficult for me to understand your expectations and goals. As I explained earlier in this thread, my opinion is that you do not necessarily have a problem with interdose withdrawal and as such I cannot assist you with multi-dosing issues. I can't help you with something that I don't believe is a problem that needs addressing. Just because other people are dosing 3-4 times a day, does not mean you have to. 

You seem to be fixated on 'preparing for the taper' which is something I haven't heard of and I don't understand the purpose. It seems as if you are searching for a guarantee that your taper will have minimal symptoms which is something that is impossible to give any person who is going through withdrawal. The only way to get off this drug is to start making cuts and to see how your body is reacting to it. We all respond uniquely to tapering and we become our own experiment to see what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately that is the reality. If you are ready to start tapering and making cuts, I can help you, but if shifting doses and multi-dosing is your priority, I cannot assist you as I don't think that is a problem. I just don't know what exactly you want to do. 

• Like 1

I understand what you are conveying to me @[je...]. Thank you for your presence and support. I appreciate it a lot.

I have this immense fear reg taper and multiple factors are not allowing me to start executing it yet. 

• Like 1

I have reversed the last 3 days and am at 0-0.5-2.5

I will stay here till I start to taper.

I am having morning anxiety. Bearable at the moment. On another thread of mine, Colin suggested I move some of the mg there if I'm having trouble. But right now, I'm not making any changes.