Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weird wave through my brain felt “fuzzy”

[He...]

Hello, 

I am tapering lorazepam. Yesterday I didn’t my second cut. I started my taper at 3mg. Dropped to 2.75 for ten days and cut to 2.5 yesterday. Last night all sounds and lights were really bothering me and today I was sitting outside and had this weird feeling rush through my brain, like a fuzzy or burning wave. I thought I might pass out or something. It lasted maybe ten seconds and now I have a headache. I’m really scared, that I would pass out. It didn’t feel like lightheaded feeling or dizzy it was like a fuzzy wave, unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. 

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[H...] said:

Hello, 

I am tapering lorazepam. Yesterday I didn’t my second cut. I started my taper at 3mg. Dropped to 2.75 for ten days and cut to 2.5 yesterday. Last night all sounds and lights were really bothering me and today I was sitting outside and had this weird feeling rush through my brain, like a fuzzy or burning wave. I thought I might pass out or something. It lasted maybe ten seconds and now I have a headache. I’m really scared, that I would pass out. It didn’t feel like lightheaded feeling or dizzy it was like a fuzzy wave, unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. 

One thing that is generally recommended before starting the tapering/recovering process is to get a full medical checkup beforehand. That way when different symptoms and sensations pop up through withdrawal you will at least have the peace of mind knowing they are from withdrawal. Do not allow your health anxiety to take over and assume catastropic illnesses for everything.

This doesn't appear to be the case for you. It just seems like you are worried as to whether the symptoms could actually progress to a degree that can make you pass out. Rest assured, unless you are abusing the medication or stopping cold turkey you will be unlikely to pass out or get seizures.

I felt something very similar to what you described in June of 2011. I remember looking in the fridge and then for maybe 5 to 10 seconds this really strange sensation came over my head/brain. It was a vibration and it caused my anxiety to shoot up for several days.

Unsettling symptoms like this will come and go as you taper. While they can be very uncomfortable they are well documented as common withdrawal symptoms. 

Once again, when in need of full-proof assurance make sure you have had checkup and tests done. Also read through the Ashton Manual, if you haven't, to better understand the norms of this process.