Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

20+ months off - hope for the hopeless, please

[Re...]
Posted (edited)

I just completed my monthly symptom check-in to monitor my progress. Unfortunately, I’m still experiencing 25 persistent symptoms, with no significant improvement, even though it’s been about 20.5 months since I stopped taking Benzos and nearly 11 months since discontinuing an antipsychotic. The lack of progress is incredibly frustrating.

I’ve managed to tolerate the situation of getting kicked out of my housing suddenly without my symptoms worsening significantly. However, they remain constant. I’m still extremely cautious about my diet and activities. I just want to know if this will ever come to an end because, right now, it feels endless. Here’s what I’m still dealing with:

• Acne
  • Akathisia (intermittentent, mild)
  • Body Odor
  • Sadness
  • Dry Skin
  • Dry eyes
  • Ear popping
  • Eye floaters in bright light
  • Fatigue
  • Frozen shoulder
  • Headaches
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Hyperacusis
  • Inner vibration
  • Mouth pain
  • Muscle pain and tremors
  • Nose burning
  • PTS
  • Paresthesia all over
  • Sensitivity to smells, foods, stress, sensitive to light
  • SIs
  • Tinnitus
  • Tongue pain
  • Tongue spasm
  • TMJ pain

I do notice that eating ramps up the symptoms. I have not had a proper appetite in two years. I barely eat and I am still underweight because of it. Not as underweight as I was but still not where I should be.

A buddy of mine said there is a "storm before the calm" that happens with healing. They said I am in that phase. I hope they are correct.

Edited by [Re...]

[ne...]

Hi! I resonate with a ton of this. 18 months off with a whole lot of symptoms still that feel very stagnant. 

[Re...]
10 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hi! I resonate with a ton of this. 18 months off with a whole lot of symptoms still that feel very stagnant. 

@[ne...]Have you had any improvements? How are you getting through the days? I feel like I cannot take anymore and I am also under tremendous stress getting kicked out of my home and having to move. If just one symptom would drop off, I would be so grateful.

[Wi...]

I am so sorry it's taking so long. The setback that made me deteriorate was 22 months ago and I am still getting worse. My c-section was a year ago, never took any more meds after that. I have lost hope. In January my symptoms exploded and are so bad now I am going crazy. Electrical current from my brain causing severe head symptoms 24/7 like I am plugged in, it causes severe tension and pressure in my arms and neck, chest and stomach. I will explode from all this. Again unable to take care of my child. 

@[Wi...], sorry about your sufferings. Wish you healing and prayers.

Rebecca, nervouswreck, to you too. Hope these storms around your health and wellbeing subside.

[Le...]

hi rebecca. have you tried working on the jaw and neck muscles. there is a whole group of symptoms there worsened or even causes by the tension and clenching. It irritates the cranial nerve and affects hearing, taste, eye lubrication. something worth trying.