Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sweating!!

[Ca...]

Hey buddies,

I've started my journey on the road to recovery. It hasn't been easy but I'm doing what I can. My main issue is that I'm breaking out into sweat doing anything, even simple tasks. Changing my bed...going into the shop and sometimes just sitting down!!

Does anyone know when the sweats stop? I feel like it's trapped me in my own house. Only place I feel comfortable is in a sauna because it looks normal!

Please anyone with help or advice can you please give me any advice? I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks buddies!

Hi, @[Ca...]) Welcome to BenzoBuddies! My sinsere congratulations on starting the road to the benzo-free life:classic_smile:

Yes, i also know the issue very well. The sweating could happen to me all of a sudden at any time at the end of my taper and for a few first months off benzo. I do remember how inconvenient it was especially in shops or outside, even if it was cold. It took my body about 3 months to get over the "obstacle" but i do know others who had it longer. Anyway, it will definitely pass.

Please, could you tell us a bit more? Meaning your term of use, what, how long in the withdrawal, etc. It would be also a good idea for you to fill in "history" in your profile (3 stripes, upper right).

Make buddies, learn information and recover. Good luck!)

[Ca...]

Hey Kate, tha m how so much for replying and all the information. It is really helpful! And nice to know I'm not alone feeling that way :) I just can't wait for it to pass! I have the situation with my hands and feet aswell :-[

I actually didn't realise I had a history account. I'm kinda early in the game tbh. For the past 3 years I've been a heavy drinker, first 2 years it was 5 days a week and the past year almost everyday with mixing it was at least 1 or 2mg of xanax a day(not prescribed(I had know ideas of thr consequences, I just noticed it helped with my anxiety but never knew about the withdrawals)

Wednesday - I had one drink which was my last and I tried to stop xanax cold turkey on night but I had an anxiety attack reading and understanding tapering I needed to take 1mg of xanax that night.

Thursday - .75mg(0.25mg morning 0.50mg night)

Friday - I switched to diazepam 0.50mg of a 10mg tablet. 0.25mg x2 through the late afternoon, evening and night and 2 10mg zopiclone tablets with my last 0.25mg

Saturday - 0.25mg evening and 0.25mg night with 1.5 10mg zopiclone tablets

Sunday (today) - 0.25 and 2 10mg zopiclone tablets

It's an extremely fast taper but I need time to know if most of the symptoms are alcohol related or the xanax.

Symptoms 

No appetite

Anxiety 

Excessive sweating

Easily fatigue at times but I've managed two 5km runs during, first one was horrible, 200+bbm but the second one today the beats stabilised at 150bbm

Insomnia - didn't sleep for 4 days straight and body clock is all over the place, I am now sleeping very early in the morning (7am 8 am and waking up at 3pm 4pm)

Tremors in head and hands

Muscles jerking

Slight muscle cramping in the lower legs legs

Jaw is hurts - biting down on teeth

They are getting less and less but I'm really not sure if it's alcohol withdrawal, benzo with withdrawl or both mixed together. It's very scary but I think the sleeping tablets have helped alot doing a fast taper and then I can start tapering off the sleeping tables after 2 weeks of stabilising to having 4 5mg pieces of sleeping tablets throughout the day to keep the symptoms down.

If I wasn't sweating so much I would be ok to go out and just focus on working on my sleep but I just don't know what's going on with my body. This has never happened to me every in my life and I just can't believe what hole I've got myself into.

I know it's an extremely fast taper but I'm getting there, each day at a time. Its been very hard though. Worst experience anyone could go through in there life.

[Ca...]

I also had really bad fog brain, cannot remember words while talking ot typing, abit of confusion(forgot what I need when I'm the shop, which turns into disorientation which then leads to sweating and a panic attack)

Hot flushes

Nightmare

Night sweats

Also going to the bathroom hasn't been great.

High heart rate

High blood pressure

Some have really lowered in intensity but I'm still not great