Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Just after help, Can a low dose of Valium restart withdrawal when the withdrawal was years ago?

[Pa...]

:brickwall::tickedoff::idiot: You can figure out what I think of your doctor, right?

So, where do we stand, will they be offering you anymore Valium or are you cut off cold turkey?  

I don't think you're addicted, your body may be dependent and you also may have a psychological dependence but you're not an addict, is the doctor making you feel this way?

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

:brickwall::tickedoff::idiot: You can figure out what I think of your doctor, right?

So, where do we stand, will they be offering you anymore Valium or are you cut off cold turkey?  

I don't think you're addicted, your body may be dependent and you also may have a psychological dependence but you're not an addict, is the doctor making you feel this way?

That’s what I thought of her too! There is another psychiatrist next week - so she might see things differently luckily. 

I don’t think they are going to cold turkey me,  she ended up giving me a 2.5mg Valium tablet which definitely did something - she was vague on whether I’d be getting another - I guess I’ll find out the hard way!

thank you, I think my body is definitely dependent. The doctor wasn’t making me feel like I was an addict - she thinks I have no dependence but I believe she is wrong. I got so panicky and was pacing the ward when I was originally told I wasn’t Even getting 1 x 5mg. My heart rate was skyrocketing and my head felt like it had a lot of pressure in it - was extremely anxious

Edited by [Ma...]
Add more info

[Pa...]

I'm sorry you don't have control over your health choices at the moment, its so frustrating because you're an adult who is not an addict and you just want to be safe, I don't understand medical professionals sometimes.  I'm glad they aren't treating you like an addict but your previous experience with Valium needs to be taken into consideration when looking at your current situation.  Hopefully the other doctor will be more understanding. 

Do you feel kindling could be playing a role in how you're feeling?

• Like 1

[Ma...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

I'm sorry you don't have control over your health choices at the moment, its so frustrating because you're an adult who is not an addict and you just want to be safe, I don't understand medical professionals sometimes.  I'm glad they aren't treating you like an addict but your previous experience with Valium needs to be taken into consideration when looking at your current situation.  Hopefully the other doctor will be more understanding. 

Thank you, yeah it is frustrating. I don’t think this psychiatrist truly understands Benzo withdrawal. 

I definitely think kindling plays a role here - when I get off Valium this time - I can never go back on. Because even though I’ve lost a lot of weight- it had been years since I’ve withdrawn and the 10mg dose felt quite mild in the wards when years ago, I’d get temporary euphoria from just 15mg. My brain has permanently adjusted after successfully withdrawing with your’s and benzobuddies help all those years ago, and I need to be careful this time because withdrawal may be worse.

[Ma...]
4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I’ve had a think about this, and actually I realised I can call my state’s alcohol and drug service (they have a file on me from before and helped me ween off with the prescription for the Ashton protocol before). I’ll give them a call, thanks again! 

• Like 2