Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can't drop under 3.5

[TH...]

Hi guys,

I dropped to 3.25 mg of V from 3.5mg on Thursday. Felt the effects by the Friday evening already...around 24 hours of dropping, my body noticed the drop and I'm struggling. 

Is it too much of a drop? I was on 3.5mg for 6 weeks then felt ready by Thursday to drop to 3.25mg. Now I'm regretting dropping...did not expect it to hit me like this. 

At the time of writing it's 4.15am in the UK, shattered, not slept and in pain. 

What's my best option now? Go back to 3.5mg again and hold for longer? I did try and drop to 3mg but that lasted a week then updosed back to 3.5mg. Stuck on that for 6 weeks then tried dropping to 3.25mg but it's still a no go, even after a day! Feel like I'm going backwards. 

I'm on pill form btw, no liquid available near me. Any help would be great. 

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

Hi mate. I would go up to 3.5 mg again. Then wait and at some point taper again, but this time to 3.40 mg og 3.45 mg if that is even possible. The receptor binding is very strong at the lower doses, which might explain your severe withdrawal symptoms with the .25 mg reduction. Maybe get some kind of liquid which can enable you to taper a even smaller amount. Im sure you will succed at some point in getting off valium. Hope this was of some help to you. All the best to you .

Sorry didnt see that its not possible for you to get a liquid. But its still best to find a way to reduce by a smaller amount than .25 mg. I dont think there are other ways around it, but im sure there are other ways to make tiny reductions than a liquid.

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[TH...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Hi mate. I would go up to 3.5 mg again. Then wait and at some point taper again, but this time to 3.40 mg og 3.45 mg if that is even possible. The receptor binding is very strong at the lower doses, which might explain your severe withdrawal symptoms with the .25 mg reduction. Maybe get some kind of liquid which can enable you to taper a even smaller amount. Im sure you will succed at some point in getting off valium. Hope this was of some help to you. All the best to you .

Sorry didnt see that its not possible for you to get a liquid. But its still best to find a way to reduce by a smaller amount than .25 mg. I dont think there are other ways around it, but im sure there are other ways to make tiny reductions than a liquid.

Thank you for replying.

Yeah I think I'm going to have too. I mean I only dropped on Thursday and felt the effects on Friday...is that even possible? Why so quickly? Normally it's like a week later because of the long half life. 

I'll have to work something out. I thought I'd be ok dropping .25mg but seems not. I've looked at micro tapering but I can't get my head around it. 

Thanks again. 

[kn...]

I have just gone through my own Valium experience that very much parallels your own. I hit the wall @ a low dose (2 mgs) and held for 5 months without stabilizing. I wound up up dosing to 4 and starting down again. Just made my cut yesterday and am now at 3.153. Micro tapering Diazepam (Valium) is fairly simple. You’ll need a scale, of course, but that can be done on Amazon for about 50 bucks. I’m assuming you’re using 2 mg pills, but they won’t weigh 2 mg. (fillers and such). Take, record, and average a random sample of ten pills. Using this method, I found the weight of one Teva pill to be .1795. From there, you can calculate the reduction amounts with the calculator on your phone. For example, if you want to make a 10% reduction, multiply .1795 (or whatever you come up with) by .90. A 5% ct would be .95 x .1795 and so on. A 10% cut from where you’re at (3.5 -but I’d drop the 3 and just use the .5) would land you at .45. I don’t know about you, but that’s about all I can handle. The pills are large enough and soft enough to just shave with a nail file or emory board. Think it over and let me know how it goes. Tapering this stuff at low does is a killer. Go slow…

[Ca...]

I microtaper with  the cut and weigh method so I was tapering one mg a month but I did not reach the full mg until the end of the 30 days. That rate was too fast for me and I also ended up updosing by two mgs and am now holding at 14 and probably starting a partial liquid taper in two weeks. 

[Le...]

I think the idea is to find out in what liquid the drug is souble in. Most are either watersouble or fat/alchohol souble.

when you know that, you need to buy/find a scale that measure in mg not grams. Some use syringes to dose the liquid, but I still think a scale is important.

Consistensy in taking the drug at the same time/times pr day and making a concious effort to reduce stress while withdrawing all factors in to make it abit easier. Not easy pr say, but doable. I dont know enough about valium to know what liquid is best to disovle the drug in. But I hope someone else will chime in. 

[Ca...]

Valium can be dispensed in liquid form by the pharmacy.