Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptomatic

[ap...]

I get totally different symptoms when inside my compared to being in the car. It's harder in the home. I'm off Val. 2 years and now have 6 months to go until I'm off  Cymb. I know we heal but this part about being indoors is terribly hard. I know it's for reassurancebut has this happened to others. Thank you

[Le...]

if driving the necessary focus helps distract. i went from agoraphobia on Bs to basically claustrophobia when off. I would sleep in the back yard if it was warm enough. 

• Sad 1

[pi...]

Hello @[ap...],

Some of the symptoms we have are simply inexplicable. Why do you feel better out of the house? Perhaps it is because when out of the house there are many more distractions to take your mind off withdrawal. When I started cycling I found it was very good for me. It was actually my form of meditation. The regularity of pedaling and seeing nature up close. Maybe you can find methods of distraction while in your home. I had a regular assortment of things I would do from puzzles, books, lighthearted movies and books as a distraction.

• Like 2

[Ja...]

Most of today I was in the garden,,sun out,dogs out,.I stayed out untill I needed my  dose,.a half hour after my dose I went and lay on the bed.

within 5 mins of being in the bedroom,.my mood flipped,the lowness and thoughts started.

I’ve heard so many say it but distraction must be huge during this,.I’ve been distracting anyway but today proved it,.sit with your thoughts and it can become overwhelming quick 

• Like 1

[ap...]
On 31/05/2024 at 22:51, [[p...] said:

Hello @[ap...],

Some of the symptoms we have are simply inexplicable. Why do you feel better out of the house? Perhaps it is because when out of the house there are many more distractions to take your mind off withdrawal. When I started cycling I found it was very good for me. It was actually my form of meditation. The regularity of pedaling and seeing nature up close. Maybe you can find methods of distraction while in your home. I had a regular assortment of things I would do from puzzles, books, lighthearted movies and books as a distraction.

I literally have trouble standing walking sitting so laying down seems to be all I can do. I tried to do as little as possible due to fatigue. I draw when I can, colour it, I have only just been able to watch and connect with TV. I thank you, it's just so defeating