Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo users

[Wi...]

Hey everyone!

The guy I’m seeing and my younger brother are taking benzos periodically. Sometimes more heavy doses. I have told them so many times how dangerous benzos are for the brain and explained what it has done to me, but they seem to think that it’s no danger taking it that sporadically. Or they think that they are out of danger taking it. I also think they don’t really believe the bad effects of benzodiazepines.

What can I tell them about the risk of short term use of benzo? What can I say to make them stop taking it?   😊

[En...]
5 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hey everyone!

The guy I’m seeing and my younger brother are taking benzos periodically. Sometimes more heavy doses. I have told them so many times how dangerous benzos are for the brain and explained what it has done to me, but they seem to think that it’s no danger taking it that sporadically. Or they think that they are out of danger taking it. I also think they don’t really believe the bad effects of benzodiazepines.

What can I tell them about the risk of short term use of benzo? What can I say to make them stop taking it?   😊

Show them this website and let them read what people are going through with this. People can not imagine the torture you go through with benzo withdrawal. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

the main page of benzoinfo has a lot of easy to consume information without all the stories here that often make people think we are a bunch of nuts and conspiracy theorists. 

[da...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

the main page of benzoinfo has a lot of easy to consume information without all the stories here that often make people think we are a bunch of nuts and conspiracy theorists. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 come to think of it, we do look like crazy ppl right. 

• Like 1

[Wh...]

I was prescribed them short term, then took sporadic and my brain is fucked. 

[da...]
6 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I was prescribed them short term, then took sporadic and my brain is fucked. 

Share your history please 

[Wh...]
15 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Share your history please 

When I was younger about 10 years ago I took Xanax(not prescribed) for a couple months, stopped when I saw a problem. I went through something 2 months ago and a doctor gave me Ativan, I started taking it and was feeling good, .5 twice a day. Then I started having panic attacks mid day, thinking it was the original anxiety i started adding a dose on my own....then started running out and that's when things got crazy, I thought I was going crazy and the pills were keeping me sane. I got a refill and took them and then all of a sudden things kind of clicked. I went to a detox and tapered over 5 days with valium. But I have had crazy light sensitivity, panic attacks, muscle spasms, crazy headaches. It's either the Ativan or I'm crazy or I have a neurological disorder...

[jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

When I was younger about 10 years ago I took Xanax(not prescribed) for a couple months, stopped when I saw a problem. I went through something 2 months ago and a doctor gave me Ativan, I started taking it and was feeling good, .5 twice a day. Then I started having panic attacks mid day, thinking it was the original anxiety i started adding a dose on my own....then started running out and that's when things got crazy, I thought I was going crazy and the pills were keeping me sane. I got a refill and took them and then all of a sudden things kind of clicked. I went to a detox and tapered over 5 days with valium. But I have had crazy light sensitivity, panic attacks, muscle spasms, crazy headaches. It's either the Ativan or I'm crazy or I have a neurological disorder...

It sounds like the Ativan to me. You havent been on that long you may still get away with a relatively short withdrawl. 

• Like 1

[Le...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

do what you can to live healthy and you will be ok in no time. well relatively no time. benzo recovery time is like dog years. every day you endure for what seems like a decade. 

Edited by [Le...]

[e2...]
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

It's either the Ativan or I'm crazy or I have a neurological disorder...

Is the way too rapid taper that made you that.

Edited by Guest

[Wh...]
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Is the way too rapid taper that made it.

I know but I was already unstable withdrawing from the sporadic use so I just got it over with 

also the only reason I figured out what was going on was this site and others talking about benzo withdrawal it was also clear the detox facility didn’t even understand it

Edited by [Wh...]