Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cold intolerance

[Bl...]

Hi friends,

Wow tough today , really, really bad cold intolerance and anxiety. Can't help wondering if it's something else though I was ok yesterday none of this. Really hard to cope with these massive changes in body temperature. Almost feels like hypothermia. 3 throws , scarf, hat, coat and now a duvet, plus local radiator. Does this madness ever end.

• Like 1

[kn...]

I honestly don’t know if it ever ends. For me, it just seems to endlessly come and go. I started tapering 60 mgs of diazepam in Sept of ‘21- now down to 2.162 and my body temp has driven me to distraction ever since. The only times I’m not wrapped up in blankets are the spells when my legs and feet are on fire. I can’t wear regular shoes and socks anymore. I’m running around in Crocs whenever I have to go out. Indoors, it’s barefoot only. I call whole thing ‘fire and ice’. Horrible way to live, but it’s persistent and been with me since the beginning. 

• Like 1

[Bl...]

Hi @[kn...] thanks for responding. I really feel for you and hope it improves soon. I've read it does but all this waiting is so hard. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Hi @[Bl...] i had the opposite problem as you where I became very intolerant of heat. I always needed a fan or AC going. It eventually went away. Temperature intolerance issues are very common. A little heat or cold can make every symptom feel much worse.

• Like 3

Hi, @[Bl...]. Really can understand you hrre. I spent the acute phase of withdrawal hugging a hot kettle most of the time, even when it was rather warm. What is the weather like outside? What is you body temperature? Mine was extremely low. I was scared when first measured it.

Yes, this madness will end, although sometimes really hard to believe it.

• Like 1

[Bl...]

Thank you @[Cr...] and @[...] for your replies. Means a lot having someone who understands. It's not that cold here in the UK. The cold attack eventually went around lunchtime but I've been in a foul mood since. I think because I had such a good day yesterday. I hate the lack of continuity. Also I was cross with myself as I couldn't forget about it when it went, I had to go researching on my phone for hours instead of healthy distracting, then I get cross at the waste of time/ life. Sorry for the moan just feeling low. 

• Sad 1

[Le...]

Your body is drained and cant cope with extremes easily. likely all constricted blood vessels and stuff. i had hot and cold intolerance extremely. it goes away with the anxiousness. 

• Like 1