Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need 0.5mg kolonopin tapering plan

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. 

I need help. I want to taper 0.5mg kolonopin. I am tapering ssri, and have akathisia. 

I was sure i have reached tolerance. But i never had any paradoxical reaction from benzo. 

Two weeks before i switched from quarter(1/4) of 2mg pill to 0.5mg pill of same manufacturer. After 10-12 of swtiching i wake up with very bad adrenaline surges.

I was taking quarter of 2mg pill from 11months

I take kolonopin at 7pm and feels very bad after taking it. 

I just want to taper it and i will hold ssri tapering. 

I need taper plan. TIA

@[je...]

Edited by [Ra...]

[En...]
8 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Hi everyone. 

I need help. I want to taper 0.5mg kolonopin. I am tapering ssri, and have akathisia. 

I was sure i have reached tolerance. But i never had any paradoxical reaction from benzo. 

Two weeks before i switched from quarter(1/4) of 2mg pill to 0.5mg pill of same manufacturer. After 10-12 of swtiching i wake up with very bad adrenaline surges.

I was taking quarter of 2mg pill from 11months

I take kolonopin at 7pm and feels very bad after taking it. 

I just want to taper it and i will hold ssri tapering. 

I need taper plan. TIA

@[je...]

I only taper one drug at a time. I read you taper the drug that is causing you the most issues and not the one that helps you sleep. I would taper the clonazepam first. If you are feeling withdrawal symptoms badly then you are probably going too fast. I tapered to how I feel. If I felt bad I held that dose until I felt better then continued. I have been told to taper only 10% each time. I did 25% each time as per my Dr and I suffered through most of my taper until I came here and learned. You can use a scale to take measurements for each dose. Making each dose the same weight is key I think. If your doses are all over the place your body cant adjust. If you are taking 2mg you can take 10 pills and put them on the scale to get the average weight. Each pill is going to be a different weight. I then took that average weight and divided by 10 to get the average weight for one pill. Say the average weight is 0.168mg. You take that 0.168mg and multiply it by 90% which will be 0.90. So 0.168*0.90 = 0.151mg would be your next taper weight. You take your pill and shave off that weight using the scale. All your pills will be the same weight for your taper. Then you go on from there 0.151*0.90 for your next taper. It is confusing at first. It took my about an hour of trying this to make it work and to understand. 

I believe people suffer through their tapers because they either take too much off, taper when they feel awful and taper each dose at different weights. I also try to not updose even if I feel awful. I bull through it. I know I will feel better in about 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I only taper one drug at a time. I read you taper the drug that is causing you the most issues and not the one that helps you sleep. I would taper the clonazepam first. If you are feeling withdrawal symptoms badly then you are probably going too fast. I tapered to how I feel. If I felt bad I held that dose until I felt better then continued. I have been told to taper only 10% each time. I did 25% each time as per my Dr and I suffered through most of my taper until I came here and learned. You can use a scale to take measurements for each dose. Making each dose the same weight is key I think. If your doses are all over the place your body cant adjust. If you are taking 2mg you can take 10 pills and put them on the scale to get the average weight. Each pill is going to be a different weight. I then took that average weight and divided by 10 to get the average weight for one pill. Say the average weight is 0.168mg. You take that 0.168mg and multiply it by 90% which will be 0.90. So 0.168*0.90 = 0.151mg would be your next taper weight. You take your pill and shave off that weight using the scale. All your pills will be the same weight for your taper. Then you go on from there 0.151*0.90 for your next taper. It is confusing at first. It took my about an hour of trying this to make it work and to understand. 

I believe people suffer through their tapers because they either take too much off, taper when they feel awful and taper each dose at different weights. I also try to not updose even if I feel awful. I bull through it. I know I will feel better in about 2 weeks. 

@[En...] thank you so much. I highly appreciate you for replying. 

Actually i am liquid tapering of ssri. Unfortunately i can't taper ssri faster because of severe withdrawals. I wanted to water taper of kolonopin, i am very bad in calculation and maths. I am just confuse should i hold ssri taper and start benzo taper or not?? 

On top of that i have reached b3nzo tolerance . Now its feel like paradoxical. My ssri tapering will take 5-6 months. Untill i can't tolerate benzo paradoxical reaction and tolerance withdrawals . 

[En...]
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[En...] thank you so much. I highly appreciate you for replying. 

Actually i am liquid tapering of ssri. Unfortunately i can't taper ssri faster because of severe withdrawals. I wanted to water taper of kolonopin, i am very bad in calculation and maths. I am just confuse should i hold ssri taper and start benzo taper or not?? 

On top of that i have reached b3nzo tolerance . Now its feel like paradoxical. My ssri tapering will take 5-6 months. Untill i can't tolerate benzo paradoxical reaction and tolerance withdrawals . 

My opinion is what drug is giving you the most benefit and which is the most problematic. If the clonazepam is causing you more issues then I would taper that first then the Prozac. I am on both of those plus ana antipsychotic. The clonazepam is  causing me the most issues so I am tapering that first. I have been told it isn't a good idea to taper multiple drugs at a time no matter how much we dont want to be on any of them. You will compound your symptoms. Most likely you are in tolerance withdrawal from the clonazepam and it has stopped working for you. 

That's just my opinion and what I am doing currently. I am poly drugged. 

Edited by [En...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
8 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

My opinion is what drug is giving you the most benefit and which is the most problematic. If the clonazepam is causing you more issues then I would taper that first then the Prozac. I am on both of those plus ana antipsychotic. The clonazepam is  causing me the most issues so I am tapering that first. I have been told it isn't a good idea to taper multiple drugs at a time no matter how much we dont want to be on any of them. You will compound your symptoms. Most likely you are in tolerance withdrawal from the clonazepam and it has stopped working for you. 

That's just my opinion and what I am doing currently. I am poly drugged. 

You may want to stop what you are doing and stabalize before you make more  changes in anything. I am currently holding from my last bad taper. I will hold until I feel stable then continue with my new taper plan off clonazepam. Then I will stabalize and taper off antipsychotic. Then I'm not compounding my symptoms. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

@[Ra...] why do you think you’re in benzo tolerance?

@[je...] i never feel sedation, calmness from b3nzo from almost previous few months. 

Infact from few days i am feeling extreme adrenaline surges, head pressure, agitatation, trachychardia after few hours of taking b3nzo. 

I am tapering ssri, and have severe withdrawals which last till 6pm ,not fully subsides only 10-20% . While i take benzo 7pm. And every morning i wake up with extreme adrenaline surges, hot flashes and other more symptoms  

[Ra...]
4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

You may want to stop what you are doing and stabalize before you make more  changes in anything. I am currently holding from my last bad taper. I will hold until I feel stable then continue with my new taper plan off clonazepam. Then I will stabalize and taper off antipsychotic. Then I'm not compounding my symptoms. Just my opinion. 

@[En...] thank you again. Do you mean i should taper ssri first and then i should stable myself before benzo tapering?? 

Unfortunately my story is very complicated i am paradoxical to both drug. 

I know you are right i should hold and wait for stability. But i am severely paradoxical to both drug. 

I am feeling trap. Idk what should i do. Just continue my ssri tapering with akathisia or hold ssri tapering and continue benzo tapering 😭

[En...]
12 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[En...] thank you again. Do you mean i should taper ssri first and then i should stable myself before benzo tapering?? 

Unfortunately my story is very complicated i am paradoxical to both drug. 

I know you are right i should hold and wait for stability. But i am severely paradoxical to both drug. 

I am feeling trap. Idk what should i do. Just continue my ssri tapering with akathisia or hold ssri tapering and continue benzo tapering 😭

This is my opinion  only. I would taper the clonazepam first as it is the one that will effect you the most negatively. SSRI'S are not addictive. Also the longer you are on clonazepam the worse the symptoms. 

That's what I would do. You dont know what is causing your symptoms. I think you are guessing it is both. Clonazepam is the devil's pill. I would get off it first. 

That's just my opinion. 

• Like 2

[je...]

I'm not sure your symptoms are necessarily related to tolerance or paradoxical effects. I looked at your history and it seems like you've had quite a history with Paxil - CT and then you reinstated and did a taper from 3mg to 1mg in three months. I don't know much about psych drug tapering, but from what I've read, my understanding is they need to be tapered similarly to benzo's i.e. 5-10% every 2-4 weeks. Your CT and then agressive taper might be the reason for your symptoms.

I would suggest you hold your current dose until you see some improvement in symptoms. 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
7 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I looked at your history and it seems like you've had quite a history with Paxil - CT and then you reinstated and did a taper from 3mg to 1mg in three months. I don't know much about psych drug tapering, but from what I've read, my understanding is they need to be tapered similarly to benzo's i.e. 5-10% every 2-4 weeks. Your CT and then agressive taper might be the reason for your symptoms.

I would suggest you hold your current dose until you see some improvement in symptoms. 

@[je...] thank you. 

Actually i had akathisia immediately after taking paxil. Unfortunately at that time i did not knew that what is akathisia .i told my dr something is wrong, i was highly suicidal. He did not believed me. And prescribed me kolonopin. When i found out that i have akathisia, it was too late, i tried CT. Withdrawals was very intense.Thats why i have to reinstate at lowest dose.  

i wants to get rid of paxil  safely and as soon as possible  

I have history of benzo (xanax)  usage from 2021 jan to 2021 dec. I CT xanax without any issue. I was fine whole year. 

May be i am paradoxical to kolonopin because of reinstainment??  

[je...]

The akathisia might be a side effect of the Paxil. If the Paxil initially caused these issues, I would probably taper it first. But right now I would hold for a while to see if I stabilise.

• Like 1