Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Not feeling myself

[En...]

I have not been feeling myself lately. I have no interest in doing anything I did before and have no motivation. I dont feel pleasure or can connect to my family. I dont feel like going anywhere. I was walking lots and feeling good now after my last taper I'm in this rut again. I hadn't felt that good in months. I thought I was out of the woods with feeling like this now I am back to this awful feeling of disconnect. I was driving and going to stores now I am back to not driving or going out again. 

Anyone else feeling this way? 

[kn...]

I think what you’re feeling is what just about every one else around here feels on an occasional basis. I know this hits me at least once a month and it usually takes a few days to turn things around. Sometimes it goes on for a month or more. Unless you’re in bed all day, unable to open curtains, shower and attend to daily needs, you’re most likely not in a serious depression. If you’re like me though, you may have to force yourself to get up and get moving. It’s hard to do at first, but once you’re in motion, the whole thing is self sustaining. Are you within walking distance of stores or coffee shops?  What about inviting a friend over for a coffee or something?  Are there any free online podcasts you can listen to?  Can you walk or drive to the library for a distracting read or audiobook?  These are a few things that usually help me. Best wishes for you. You’re not down and out; just temporarily sidelined. 

• Like 1

[jo...]

I get hit hard with depression sometimes, like today actually. I force myself to walk and do stuff but it only serves as a distraction, it doesn't take away the depression. It's chemical depression so it goes when it goes and not a second sooner no matter what I do. Distraction is the only positive thing we can do for it really.

[En...]
25 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

I think what you’re feeling is what just about every one else around here feels on an occasional basis. I know this hits me at least once a month and it usually takes a few days to turn things around. Sometimes it goes on for a month or more. Unless you’re in bed all day, unable to open curtains, shower and attend to daily needs, you’re most likely not in a serious depression. If you’re like me though, you may have to force yourself to get up and get moving. It’s hard to do at first, but once you’re in motion, the whole thing is self sustaining. Are you within walking distance of stores or coffee shops?  What about inviting a friend over for a coffee or something?  Are there any free online podcasts you can listen to?  Can you walk or drive to the library for a distracting read or audiobook?  These are a few things that usually help me. Best wishes for you. You’re not down and out; just temporarily sidelined. 

It doesn't feel like depression just no feelings.i had this for most of my taper  but I felt better 2 weeks ago. As soon as I tapered and got into withdrawal again it has hit me again. Maybe it is chemical induced depression or anhedonia or emotional blunting. I have been taking Prozac during this taper and that's when I felt better when I hit 60mg a day dose. I thought I was out of that feeling until now. I have been in a bad withdrawal this taper more than other tapers. Maybe that's why? 

[jo...]
44 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It doesn't feel like depression just no feelings.i had this for most of my taper  but I felt better 2 weeks ago. As soon as I tapered and got into withdrawal again it has hit me again. Maybe it is chemical induced depression or anhedonia or emotional blunting. I have been taking Prozac during this taper and that's when I felt better when I hit 60mg a day dose. I thought I was out of that feeling until now. I have been in a bad withdrawal this taper more than other tapers. Maybe that's why? 

It sounds like emotional blunting to me. I used to get that in acute. I actually welcomed it back then as it stopped the anxiety.