Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I started Supplementing Magnesium Today

[Al...]

I've heard that Magnesium acts as an NMDA Antagonist, and reduces glutamate levels in the brain (every person recovering from benzos' worst enemy).  My w/d have been over for a cpl weeks now, but I figure I will try it and see if it fosters healing and get back to you guys.  Also letting ppl who didn't know about Magnesium and its NMDA antagonistic effects know about it.  Magnesium causes diarrhea when taken too much or too often, so I'm only planning to take it a couple times every week.

• Like 1

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

I take magnesium glycinate 400mg a day and it causes me no issues :) 

Edited by [Sw...]

[Cr...]
3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I've heard that Magnesium acts as an NMDA Antagonist, and reduces glutamate levels in the brain (every person recovering from benzos' worst enemy).  My w/d have been over for a cpl weeks now, but I figure I will try it and see if it fosters healing and get back to you guys.  Also letting ppl who didn't know about Magnesium and its NMDA antagonistic effects know about it.  Magnesium causes diarrhea when taken too much or too often, so I'm only planning to take it a couple times every week.

Magnesium Oxide and Citrate are known to cause diarrhea, especially the higher you go in doses. Magnesium in Oxide form is poorly obsorbed by the body so if that is what you are using you may not be absorbing as much as you'd like.

M-Glycinate is generally seen as one of the best forms to take due to its high absorption rate and it having very little effect on digestion.

• Like 1