Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wierd head sensations, eye tingling

Has anyone has these? A feeling of being 'swimmy' in my head, lightheadedness that I've had for months, head reeling and something else that I can't describe. 

And tired eyes that felt heavily, painful and now tingling.

[kn...]

Sometimes it feels like my head is disconnected from my body. I’ll get dizzy and seem like I’m just floating along.  This sensation comes and goes just like waves of other symptoms. In regard to the eyes, so many things have gone on that I’ve been scared into having an exam for the last 3 years while I’ve been tapering. All seems to be fine according to the doctor. Take heart, I think this is all just more of the same. 

• Like 1

[Rh...]

Yes!!!!  I have all of this and the added symptom of migraines and headaches!  It’s horrible, and I’m coming on my 11th month off all meds…

• Like 1

[mr...]

my head feels like im having mini strokes at time, my face will feel like its drooping or on fire only on one side

it sucks 25 months since cold turkey here

[Wh...]
On 27/05/2024 at 08:09, [[k...] said:

Sometimes it feels like my head is disconnected from my body. I’ll get dizzy and seem like I’m just floating along.  This sensation comes and goes just like waves of other symptoms. In regard to the eyes, so many things have gone on that I’ve been scared into having an exam for the last 3 years while I’ve been tapering. All seems to be fine according to the doctor. Take heart, I think this is all just more of the same. 

Can I ask What kind of eye things

• Like 1

[Ho...]

Yes, me too. I've heard it described as floaty boaty feelings. As for the eyes, I'd just had my eyes tested before all this, and got new glasses. Six months later I saw some flashes in my eye at night and went to my opthamologist the next morning. Nothing wrong, but she found that my eyes had gotten worse, and that I had a slight wrinkle in my retina. Ugh. 

This I already suspected. My eyes just felt blurry and heavy. 

I started eating carrots before bed—just four tiny ones, with 1/4 c of orange juice and a vitamin C pill. I had no trouble taking them, although I haven't been able to take vitamin D, Fish oil or anything other than magnesium. I did it for a year, just because my mother had glaucoma, I was clearly having some kind of issue and I knew that your body uses Vitamin A during the day to protect your vital organs from infection, and at night, if any was left, was used for skin and eyes.

Fast forward a year and I went for a check up. The wrinkle was gone. She was quite surprised. "We don't see this very often, but we like it when we see it!"

A bit of good news in the midst of everything! 

Warmly,

HCHC

[kn...]

@[Wh...]  I have floaters, but that was same before WD. During WD one or the other eye will see wavy images and words on the page will start to blur and start to move around. And, the tearing and dry eye problems that everyone here also complains about are present on an off again on again basis. 

[Ca...]

My right eye has been twitching for a week. Last year it hurt so much I finally went to the eye doctor factory and although I did not get the drops I passed the glaucoma test and was advised to use rewetting drops. I've been through the "get everything checked out" phase and have now entered the "get nothing checked out phase."