Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

24/7 muscle pain

[fa...]

I can no longer relax my shoulders or back.  Pulls down into my legs. My arms are also stiff. Has anyone ever recovered from this? I am getting NO windows anymore.  The pain is top much.  

[Le...]

i think everyone has recovered from this nearly. pretty common reaction i think. 

[fa...]
19 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i think everyone has recovered from this nearly. pretty common reaction i think. 

Really?  The pain is so bad I cannot sleep.  I appreciate your comment. It is just scary to see so many on here who do not recover.  

[Le...]

very very few dont recover and many of those people have many other things going on too. things are very complicated. do whatever you can to stay active and limber up. it will pass. 

• Love 1

[Le...]

i went through a very extreme wd and just the feeling sort of like roaming fire/lashings over my skin didnt pass for 9months. i am ok now. 

[fa...]
8 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

i went through a very extreme wd and just the feeling sort of like roaming fire/lashings over my skin didnt pass for 9months. i am ok now. 

Im at 7 months. But this tension didn't start until last month.  It's unbelievable. I get a massage weekly right now, walk, stretch.  Yesterday I stretched for six hours just to minimize the pain. 

[fa...]
13 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Did you ever have muscle issues?

[Le...]

bad ones to the point i misaligned my neck and ground most of my molars down. 

[fa...]
52 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

bad ones to the point i misaligned my neck and ground most of my molars down. 

Omg. How is your neck now?  

[Le...]

working on it everyday. didnt realize my remaining tinnitus was from neck and jaw. now that i stretch and massage them I am doing alright. likely would be much better if i figured that out a year ago. 

[Kr...]

Has anyone seen or heard from the woman that was posting on here (don’t know her name) about drinking ghost pipe tincture and eventually she healed her muscle pain? 

[Cr...]

Have you tried epson salt baths? I know members have had mixed reactions to magnesium, but I am only bringing it up as a possibility in case 'waiting this out' is too overwhelming.

How long have you been getting massages?

[fa...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Have you tried epson salt baths? I know members have had mixed reactions to magnesium, but I am only bringing it up as a possibility in case 'waiting this out' is too overwhelming.

How long have you been getting massages?

The last two weeks for massage. But 2x a week. I tried a chiropractor, I didn't like it at all.  I might try a mag bath because mag vitamins were awful for me. 

[Mi...]

I have to ice my neck and shoulders to be able to sleep.  Today I actually got to float in the ocean about 72 degrees.  It felt so good!

[fa...]
1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

Has anyone seen or heard from the woman that was posting on here (don’t know her name) about drinking ghost pipe tincture and eventually she healed her muscle pain? 

Just now, [[M...] said:

I have to ice my neck and shoulders to be able to sleep.  Today I actually got to float in the ocean about 72 degrees.  It felt so good!

I'm actually going to do that tonight 

[or...]

@[fa...] I saw a physical therapist (not a masseuse) once a week for my back muscle pain. She was  immensely helpful in identifying trigger points that were giving me pain and working on them. Just a thought. I know how awful painful muscles can be. :cry:

[fa...]
7 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

@[fa...] I saw a physical therapist (not a masseuse) once a week for my back muscle pain. She was  immensely helpful in identifying trigger points that were giving me pain and working on them. Just a thought. I know how awful painful muscles can be. :cry:

It is awful.  I'm actually getting medical massages, she is a nurse too.  Definitely different than a regular massage.  

• Like 1

[Mu...]

I developed neuropathic pains in my hands and feet it hurts like hell

[fa...]
10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I developed neuropathic pains in my hands and feet it hurts like hell

Is it burning? I actually sometimes have hand pains. They aren't severe and it comes and goes.  Mostly feels stiff, sometimes I've had burning.