Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hello all, just needing some reassurance (setback)

[wa...]
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in a very long time, I think I thought I was all the way healed? My 
history is I was given K to deal with grief/anxiety around 2006. Then my PCP kept prescribing it, saying if I felt anxious, and it helped, 
I should take it. I had no idea what I was doing. So 10 years later I wanted to be off, and began this withdrawal road. Had a brief period where i 
needed to reinstate in 2020. Began tapering again in 2021, jumped in November, 2023. 
Was benzo-free for about 18 months. 

I was feeling ok, with mostly only insomnia until about 2 months ago. I was very anxious about a life situation for about a month, then 
began being unable to concentrate, felt brain fog. One day woke up with full on sxs, like when I was tapering. 
Can this happen? I didn't expect it and am having a hard time dealing with it. 
Would appreciate hearing other people's experiences but not too much detail? Just a little triggered at the moment.
Also, went to the ER and was given .25 of X and took it, against better judgement. This was about 12 days ago? 
I feel like that made it worse ultimately. 
Does anyone have any gentle words of support for this? 
Thank you, everyone, I really appreciate you reading. 

Edited by [wa...]
added info

[Cr...]

Don't stress yourself about the one off dose from the ER. I jumped off Klonopin in 2011 and in 2013 I had surgery and was given midazolam and had no issues or setbacks.

Have you had any major changes in your life recently?

Have you been drinking alcohol regularly?

Are you on any OTC supplements or OTC medications?

This may just have been a normal anxiety spell and your ptsd from your withdrawal caused you to worry 'it' was back and you worked yourself into a panic attack.

Even people that have never touched a benzo find themselves dealing with the aftershocks of a panic attack/anxiety episode that may last for a few weeks.

In the case that this is a PAWS wave, then you need not worry about that either as it will eventually leave out the same door it came in.

[je...]

Recovery is not linear. It is very normal to experience waves during the first year of recovery (or even afterwards). Stress and anxiety is known to ramp up our symptoms. I am now almost 19 months off and it was only one year post jump that I noticed an improvement in how my symptoms reacted to severe stress. In the first year even the slightest stress would make my symptoms flare. Now, one year post jump, I still have waves when there's severe stress, but it is much less intense. You'll get there! This is perfectly normal. 

• Like 2