Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pepcid

[ba...]

Had severe dyspepsia starting 6 pm last night. Was so bad I was crying. Took a pepcid with a rescue dose of xanax at 3 am. I have never taken pepcid before.

q: will pepcid cause an amp in sxs?

Also showng signs of UTI, seeing doctor this morning.

Input on severe dyspepsia and pepcid appreciated, thank you.

No antibiotics of the group called fluoroquinolones. Huge big avoid.

[ba...]

I know about floxing. 

I am asking about pepcid, speciffically.

Thanks

[Re...]

Hello @[ba...]

I have suffered from severe heartburn for years. I can imagine how awful you must have felt, I am really sorry!

I managed to control my dyspepsia with drastically changing my diet and I used local suspensions that were incredibly effective (pharmacy, over the counter). I also ate smaller proportions, more raw vegetables, and avoided fatty, too sweet, too sour foods. Moreover, there are forms of mineral water (spring water) some of which are especially alcalic, I drank small (!) proportions of that after keeping it in the fridge for a few hours. Another classic remedy is unflavoured, non greasy popcorn. I also raised my pillow, so that my head was higher during sleeping. 

UTIs can be really discomfortable, I have seen people use d-mannose very effectively. And that is not an antibiotic. I hope your doctor will tell you more if you ask about it! 

I wish you well @[ba...]

• Like 1

[Re...]

@[ba...]After using Pepcid for longer periods in withdrawal, people did report that their symptoms temporarily became stronger.

Have you tried the " Search" function at the top right edge of the site? 

• Like 1

[ba...]

I have a UTi. Culture will be in Monday. Doctors office knows I cant take any fluoroquinilones or pennicillins. Last time I got macrobid (sulpha) it worked, it sucked, but I got through it. As to the heartburn, nurse thinks its a one off. She said bland  snacking, no real meals. That works for me. I asked if I should just fast, she said  no. So eating my bulgarian yogurt, sweet potatoes, tuna, some raw veg and NAAn bread for putting things on. 

She said dont use a PPI. Too reactive to everything.

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

Try not to take PPI’s if offered. They almost killed me. Seriously.

The BRAT diet can be helpful.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[bw...]

pepcid caused a SEVERE setback in me at 5 years off. way worse than acute. I used it for 30 days. Biggest mistake of my life. Be warned. 

• Like 1

[or...]

@[ba...] I used Pepcid sparingly off and on during my taper and it didn't rev anything. I had a bad gut all throughout my taper, but Pepcid didn't make things worse. When I had a bad stomach flare, the BRAT diet as @[Ma...] suggested for a few days settled things. As did a Pepcid. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

[ba...]

The pepcid just made me throw up. no benefit. Will look into BRAT diet.

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[o...] said:

@[ba...] I used Pepcid sparingly off and on during my taper and it didn't rev anything. I had a bad gut all throughout my taper, but Pepcid didn't make things worse. When I had a bad stomach flare, the BRAT diet as @[Ma...] suggested for a few days settled things. As did a Pepcid. Hope this helps. 

Same for me....no uptick in SXs. I simply avoid foods that give me indigestion. I think most SX spikes are simply benzo w/d or anxiety after you have been benzo free for a long time, but JMO.

• Like 1