Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help with Withdrawal

[Ri...]

I am brand new to this group. I have been on Klonopin for over a year. I took it 0.25 mg twice a day. Started weaning in February. Jumped off April 11th from 0.125mg. 
I felt pretty terrible for 3 weeks. Now having some good days, some still so many symptoms. I also dropped from Lexapro 30mg to 20mg at the same time. I know…what was I thinking? 
I have had to use Klonopin a few prn doses to stay at work. 
Did I taper the Clonazepam ok? I just found out about properly tapering a few weeks ago. 

[je...]

Hi @[Ri...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congrats on being benzo free! It sounds like you’re doing fairly well considering your recent jump and the fact that you’re able to work. Unfortunately it can take some time for symptoms to settle down and recover from withdrawal. 

There isn’t one specific way to taper. Usually people taper to try and minimise symptoms but since you’re already 6 weeks off and you seem to be functional, all that matters is that your symptoms should be manageable.

We’re glad you’re here and happy to support you.

• Like 1

[Ri...]

Thank you Jelly. Your reply means so much! I sure wish I found this group sooner. There is nothing like the support of feeling like you are not alone. 
I can’t believe how strong this stuff is. I was on 1/4 tablet! 

[pi...]

Hello @[Ri...] and welcome to the forum for me as well!

Many of us didn’t have perfect tapers, I didn’t. Like you, I found this forum after I jumped off benzos. My doctor was supportive, but both of us were learning together so my taper was quite rough.

The good thing is that you are off clonazepam and having some good days. That shows that recovery is happening.

I would be really careful about rescue doses. It doesn’t take long for a dependency to develop, especially for those of us with sensitive nervous systems.

Let us know how we can help, we’re here for you! 

• Like 1

[Ri...]
1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[Ri...] and welcome to the forum for me as well!

Many of us didn’t have perfect tapers, I didn’t. Like you, I found this forum after I jumped off benzos. My doctor was supportive, but both of us were learning together so my taper was quite rough.

The good thing is that you are off clonazepam and having some good days. That shows that recovery is happening.

I would be really careful about rescue doses. It doesn’t take long for a dependency to develop, especially for those of us with sensitive nervous systems.

Let us know how we can help, we’re here for you! 

Thank you Jelly. Your reply means so much! I sure wish I found this group sooner. There is nothing like the support of feeling like you are not alone. 

Wow! Thank you Pianogirl. That is such great advice. The last thing I want is to get back on Benzos after working so hard to get off. Thanks for your kind words of support. 

[je...]
5 hours ago, [[R...] said:

You’re welcome. Withdrawal is a difficult journey and others don’t really understand what we’re going through. It helps to have a group that can relate to your experience.

• Like 1