Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Poll: Cognitive challenges

[Ma...]

If you’re experiencing them, could you please say how and how it’s affecting you in your daily life?

[Le...]

focus and concentration. improving but after years still difficult and challenging to read or watch anythinh. . memory. before i didnt have any kind of perfect memory but i could tell you say anything within a week i talked to someone about generally by topic and what part of the day i did it in. now i am unsure often after even an hour.  also short term too  read a phone number and cant remember long enough to dial  

i cant hold things well in my minds eye. not sure what its called but hard to imagine objects and manipulate things just in my head. before i could easily imagine systems of objects. maybe not describing this well. 

[Ja...]

Wow,.today and driving was really hard after some commitments I had to do,.I was so dreamy/stressed coming back

Also the last 2 odd days my wording while trying to talk has been quite bad,.not getting words out properly,.and it sets the stress of.

[jo...]

Mine is all over the place like a lot of my symptoms. Periods where I'm quite lucid, times when I struggle to sign my own name. I wish this was a more stable process but it's difficult to predict.

[En...]

I have a hard time thinking about how hard it is to solve problems in my life right now. I am a thinker and a problem solver and this is very hard on me. Anxiety takes over and is the prime thinker. All I can think about is how different a person I am right now. I wonder if that person will ever come back. One thing I can say is this situation will change who I am even when I am healed. I will look at life a lot differently now.

• Like 1

[Ne...]

My mind feels so dulled down, blank and spacey, I can barely retain anything or recall info.  I feel like everything I ever learned in my life is lost.  It’s hard for me to keep conversations going or to respond to / process things quickly like I used to.  It’s incredibly distressing…makes me feel like I have brain damage.

[da...]
On 24/05/2024 at 19:26, [[J...] said:

Wow,.today and driving was really hard after some commitments I had to do,.I was so dreamy/stressed coming back

Also the last 2 odd days my wording while trying to talk has been quite bad,.not getting words out properly,.and it sets the stress of.

I can imagine. Finding the right words during a conversation can be hard. 

i work two weeks straight before i get my two days off and the cycle repeats. I have meetings daily and i need to communicate with co workers throughout my 12 hour shift, daily.  I drive myself to  & from work ; 80km in total. My work environment is something out of a SAW movie. 

lets keep fighting, honestly we dont have any choice. 

E1B22695-B6CE-469F-934A-F54C2963350B.jpeg

006161D6-3F46-4DCE-886A-725BD23298CE.jpeg

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I can imagine. Finding the right words during a conversation can be hard. 

i work two weeks straight before i get my two days off and the cycle repeats. I have meetings daily and i need to communicate with co workers throughout my 12 hour shift, daily.  I drive myself to  & from work ; 80km in total. My work environment is something out of a SAW movie. 

lets keep fighting, honestly we dont have any choice. 

E1B22695-B6CE-469F-934A-F54C2963350B.jpeg

006161D6-3F46-4DCE-886A-725BD23298CE.jpeg

I don't know how you can work in this state. I have to be careful what stresses I put on myself or i will have panic attacks. I cant even be in a car right now. I admire your strength. 

• Like 1

[da...]
2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I don't know how you can work in this state. I have to be careful what stresses I put on myself or i will have panic attacks. I cant even be in a car right now. I admire your strength. 

Don’t have a choice. Either i work or im on the streets. My mom is dependent on my earnings and my daughters.