Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Micro taper hold ratio (second try)

[14...]

[14...]
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Sorry you have a lot going on and yes I now remember you mentioning the Cipro. In all honesty your symptoms could really be from this and not the Valium and even MORE of a reason to hold to me. If you were dysregulated by those insane Abx drops then be careful of tapering at all. 

Yes cipro brought back acute symtoms and very severe including panic and axiety something i have never had for almost 4 months. But the goal of getting rid of the morning dose asap i cause i was feeling bad and getting bad side effects and that was before the cipro incident. My mistake was probably start my taper reducing both doses equally for some time. I made double dose cause i was having bad interdose symptoms on lorazepam and had to split to get rid of it and then switched to diazepam following Ashton's.

Edited by Guest

[re...]

I am sorry I just don't have much experience with dosing Valium more than once as I started tapering. I feel you really don't need to do this. But of course your body knows best. 

Who told you to dose twice while tapering?

I dosed twice when I first started at 5 mg but once I started micro tapering I just put them both together no problems. 

[14...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I am sorry I just don't have much experience with dosing Valium more than once as I started tapering. I feel you really don't need to do this. But of course your body knows best. 

Who told you to dose twice while tapering?

I dosed twice when I first started at 5 mg but once I started micro tapering I just put them both together no problems. 

I made double dose cause i was having bad interdose symptoms on lorazepam and had to split to get rid of it and then switched to diazepam following Ashton's.

Edited by Guest

[El...]
Posted (edited)

@[Do...] You asked if I am still doing the 5/2 taper or am I doing 10-12/2-3 taper? I am not sure if you still waiting for a response as so many have joined this thread. But just to answer your question…to be honest, I am not really doing either. Let me explain. What I should have said in my original post was that for the last month to month and a half, I have been able to consecutively cut 0.30% for 10-12 days, then hold for 3-4 days. My primary tapering directive is always my symptoms. If my symptoms are "quiet”, I do reduce for 10-12 days, followed by a mandatory hold. Yesterday, I felt an ever-so-slight increase in my tinnitus, my nausea, my headaches, my numbness in my feet, and my moodiness. It was not huge, debilitating, or destabilizing, but I have been doing this long enough to know that, unless I want a full-blown case of debilitating and destabilizing symptoms, I need to hold for at least 3-4 days. Today I feel great . A few months ago, I would have made a small reduction again today because I felt well. But yesterday, the signals from my body were telling me my CNS needs a break. So I will probably hold until Sunday, and start reducing on Monday. So that will result in 7 days reducing followed by 4 days of holding. I think the key is be so tuned into your body’s signals that you don’t end up “in the weeds” for weeks. I keep a very rigorous diary and also use a computer app to visually track my symptoms. I guess I just cannot emphasize this enough. It is great to have a plan for reductions. But my plan is never written in stone and it needs to be guided by my symptoms.

Just as a side-note…it is interesting to me that so many have said how dreadful Ativan is to taper. Does everyone know something that I don't know? Tapering any benzo is going to have its difficulties. For me, as long as I dose 3 times per day with 3 relatively even doses, I don't think I have experienced worse withdrawal than others on this forum. I am not experiencing interdose withdrawal. I am not depressed nor am I overly lethargic or fatigued. Generally, I am pleased (rather than dismayed) that with the relatively short half-life of Ativan, I can feel the results of a mismanaged cut within 18-24 hours rather than after weeks as some say they experience with Valium or Klonopin. I have decreased from 3 mg to 0.54 mg in the space of a year. I will take my time with the remaining 0.5 mg…probably 6-8 months if needed. Is this going to all of a sudden come crashing down on me?

Edited by [El...]
Correction
  • Like 1

[Sw...]

Just reading your guys topic about merging two doses to one I’m currently two dosing and just wondering if that would be an issue for jumping do I need to be on a single dose? I’m currently at .08 mg K.

[Sw...]

Just reading your guys topic about merging two doses to one I’m currently two dosing and just wondering if that would be an issue for jumping do I need to be on a single dose? I’m currently at .08 mg K.

[Sw...]

[14...]
2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

My primary tapering directive is always my symptoms. If my symptoms are "quiet”, I do reduce for 10-12 days, followed by a mandatory hold. Yesterday, I felt an ever-so-slight increase in my tinnitus, my nausea, my headaches, my numbness in my feet, and my moodiness. It was not huge, debilitating, or destabilizing, but I have been doing this long enough to know that, unless I want a full-blown case of debilitating and destabilizing symptoms, I need to hold for at least 3-4 days.

Hi again,

That is exactly what i have been doing and why i am going rodiculous slowly but somehow this time it isnt enough. I guess @[re...] is right and is time for a bigger hold before i resume tapering.

The last time i holded for 2 weeks was right before starting to micro taper and that let me do a whole 14 days of a very good taper rate, tapering twice as much i am tapering lately cause i dont seems to recover enough and have to hold more and more frecuently.

I thought was the "listen to your body" rule would be enough but my body is tricky and very ramdom about symptoms and can feel great one day and really bad the next one in the same hold.

[14...]
30 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I wished i had that answer. i am having a hard time with double dose but dont think is a good idea to merge both abrutly in a single dose.

[re...]

Hey Dolvian i think the Cipro has complicated things unfortunately so I would hold "as long as it takes" for everything to calm down. But this should not be an indefinite extended period of time i don't believe.

There are lots of people that have adverse reactions to other medications and they usually just hold and have a better time. That low dose you are on is not going to 'poison you'  by holding. This thing is all so beastly and I am sorry you are going thru this. It is all so trying on a person's psych. Gross gross neuro toxins. The whole lot of them. 

[14...]
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Hey Dolvian i think the Cipro has complicated things unfortunately so I would hold "as long as it takes" for everything to calm down. But this should not be an indefinite extended period of time i don't believe.

There are lots of people that have adverse reactions to other medications and they usually just hold and have a better time. That low dose you are on is not going to 'poison you'  by holding. This thing is all so beastly and I am sorry you are going thru this. It is all so trying on a person's psych. Gross gross neuro toxins. The whole lot of them. 

Thanks @[re...] i am going to do that, i woke up worse today, i am in acute WD as when i was cut and holding, i dont understand why this now but i am holding till the wave passes and i stabilize.

I am having all kind of weird mind stuff today with intrusive thoughts and the muscle pain and tinitus is horrible like hell. Brain zaps are the worst probably.

Edited by Guest

[re...]

I had all that during my taper, and the tinnitus comes on for me still, but a lot less thank god. Coffee for some reason seems to help with it. And I don't get the brain zaps thank god.

But to me this could be the final remnants of your AD stuff (brain zaps) finally going away or even remembering. I think the brain gets coded with all kinds of things and it doesn't forget what happened to it. 

But once off all drugs it really heals at a miraculous pace even though it may not feel like it. 

[re...]

We have been put in such a low quality of life and low health from people paid that are supposed to make you better. It's a crime of epic proportions. 

[re...]

It's a FIGHT for your life in the midst of all their gaslighting madness and coyness. They piss me off. 

[14...]
8 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

this could be the final remnants of your AD stuff (brain zaps)

Nah, i get brain zaps from benzo WD too, thats my red flag and when i notice i have to hold or i will have a big wave, i've been having zaps since cipro incident quite often but now i just have the whole pack and at much higher level.

[re...]

Yes the cipro could DEFINTIELY cause that. It works on so many things in the brain and I know for sure GABA. 

[re...]

I am soooooooo angry at what they have done to me (us) here that I would like to pump THEM full of these medicines then tell them "well it's your underlying ptsd and anxiety disorder I can't understand why you are feeling this way maybe you should drink some chamomile tea or take some melatonin" 

If you have ever seen the movie "V" with Hugo Weaving and Natalie portman. This is somewhat how I feel in all of this. Hugo Weaving's character. 

[14...]
4 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I am soooooooo angry at what they have done to me (us) here that I would like to pump THEM full of these medicines then tell them "well it's your underlying ptsd and anxiety disorder I can't understand why you are feeling this way maybe you should drink some chamomile tea or take some melatonin" 

If you have ever seen the movie "V" with Hugo Weaving and Natalie portman. This is somewhat how I feel in all of this. Hugo Weaving's character. 

I feel so angry and hope the worst to them but i am so weak and hypersentive than i cant even afford to get angry as it affects me in my WD, believe i have experienced it, after a rage reaction to this crap i got a big wave so i need to keep calm and wait for the storm to pass even though this is the universal flood.

[re...]

You gotta do what you gotta do for now and I understand protect the cns at any cost. But you will see after you are completely off and of sound mind THEN you will get pissed at all of this. It will help you survive. I know it did for Angie P.