Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mental anguish

[gu...]

I am struggling like crazy. I’m at 7 1/2 years and I’ve been in a horrific wave for over four months now. The mental pain is so close to unbearable. I get some remarkable windows that can last an entire day and then like a hammer, the anguish comes back. It is so so hard to take. Any compassion or support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[je...]

You've done so well to keep fighting to this point. You really need to give yourself credit for your resilience. Whenever I have windows I write letters to myself. I know the fears and the anguish I have when I am going through a wave. So I have "window-me" write letters to "wave-me" because I'm really the only person that understands exactly what my waves feel like. And then I read those letters. It is very comforting to 'hear' myself talk when I'm struggling and be reminded of the better times.

I hope this wave passes soon, because you surely deserve it!

• Love 2

[gu...]
53 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

You've done so well to keep fighting to this point. You really need to give yourself credit for your resilience. Whenever I have windows I write letters to myself. I know the fears and the anguish I have when I am going through a wave. So I have "window-me" write letters to "wave-me" because I'm really the only person that understands exactly what my waves feel like. And then I read those letters. It is very comforting to 'hear' myself talk when I'm struggling and be reminded of the better times.

I hope this wave passes soon, because you surely deserve it!

So so kind of you and a good suggestion as well. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

[da...]
16 hours ago, [[g...] said:

I am struggling like crazy. I’m at 7 1/2 years and I’ve been in a horrific wave for over four months now. The mental pain is so close to unbearable. I get some remarkable windows that can last an entire day and then like a hammer, the anguish comes back. It is so so hard to take. Any compassion or support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey, sorry you’re having a hard time. Please explain the 7 1/2 years off benzos and any meds? Sober and in recovery for 7 years & you feel that its benzo withdrawal?