Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering benzo's i would appreciate your opinion

[Zw...]
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I was reading a few topics on the forum and some items about the healing time scared me a little bit. I am 27 years old, i used Norflurazepam (10mg) 2 times a week for about 14 months. 5mg is considered as a normal dosage, and 10mg as a strong dosage. The duration and effects are quitte similar to Diazepam. About 6 weeks ago i tapered from 20mg a week to 10mg. After 2 or 3 weeks in that period i also tried to taper to 5mg a week but the withdrawal symptoms where to much for me so i went back at 10. This is my first week off being on 6/6.5mg for the week, and the withdrawal symptoms are appearing. (cortisol peak in the morning, brainfog, headache, sweating at night,anxiety when going to store's)  I would aim for 5mg next week, and 2 weeks later 2.5mg and then quit.

What do you think about this scedule, do i have a good chance to succeed? How long with my dosage would take recovery, i only took it twice a week so i don't know on which scale my gaba receptors are damaged. I am also wondering if it is al worth it, both of my parents are using benzos in high dosages everyday for 30 years. I mean, if i can feel fine for taking 2 x 5mg a week, and be able to build a healthier body, get a new job, and get my drivers lince, build a new social life i am okay with the usage. I am scared if i quit fully i am maybe not able to take al those neccessary steps in life.

I would really appreciate your help.

With kind regards.

Edited by [Zw...]

[je...]

Hi @[Zw...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I just need to admit am not very familiar with Norflurazepam, so don't know how much I can help. Can you please just clarify a few things? When you say you cut to 10mg a week, does that mean 2x5mg for the whole week? And you are now at 6mg which would be 2x3mg right?

4 hours ago, [[Z...] said:

I mean, if i can feel fine for taking 2 x 5mg a week, and be able to build a healthier body, get a new job, and get my drivers lince, build a new social life i am okay with the usage. I am scared if i quit fully i am maybe not able to take al those neccessary steps in life

Are you asking if you should stay on it for the rest of your life? What are your reasons for wanting to quit?

We are glad you are here and happy to help.