Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme rage and aggression

[An...]
Posted (edited)

Tapering diazapem 

I just went into a fit of rage, my sister was making to much noise and I couldn’t handle it. She kept going when I asked her to stop and stop ( she is disabled )and I just lost my whole cool I seen black kicking and throwing things and I just snapped out of it I’m normally not a violent person now the guilt is eating at me. Is this normal 

Edited by [An...]

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)

That is normal. I am a very mellow/laid back person so when I was in the thick of withdrawal I had a minor disagreement with my gf about something trivial and I kicked a box of crackers across the room. 

That was so out of character for me as I am super calm and rarely ever angry. It also occured right around the onset of my worst wave. When we are suffering, our tolerance for everything in life decreases drastically. Something as minor as spilling a cereal bowl can set off a bout of crying or rage.

Edited by [Cr...]

[Ja...]

Yep,.eternal noises can really feel a 100 times louder sometimes,You just need to get a time out in your room or somet when it’s like that bud.