Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finding the right detox clinic

[Mi...]

Antidepressant Treatment resistant

17 years prescribed 

6 mg klonopin 

1800 gabapentin 

fioricet x6 ( butalbial)

my doctor dropped me after I had to move to Indiana 

Cannot find continued care 

does anyone know of a ( competent ) detox center I can go to 

a place using the Ashton method 

cold turkey will be a death sentence for me

Can anyone help me find a place to go ?

I’ve got no other options and 2 months left of my meds 

I am terrified of being mismanaged again by the broken medical system 

having very hopeless dark thoughts 

there must be somewhere, I’ve contacted many psychiatrists, doctors here not willing to prescribe or take me on, and the detox centers claim that a slow taper will only

“ drag things out”

“ cold turkey off of all controlled medications” 

“ ECT”

I am so lost

I’ve already been having extreme tolerance withdrawal and all that goes with it

doctor's always gaslight me when I asked to taper off klonopin and added more medications that never should have been prescribed long term like flexeril and anticonvulsants (causing more depression)

@[Mi...], hello to you and welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

So sorry for your situation! Unfortunately, I don't live in the USA and can't answer you to the point but i do believe our members will help you to find a way out. 

I'll just approve your post and make it possible for you to write here freely. Please, don't lose hope. There is always an escape!

[Re...]

Hello @[Mi...],

I am really sorry that you have been put in such a situation. 

Is it possible for you to get any kind of written documentation about your therapy so far from this doctor? You could refer to these papers when looking for new doctors/nurse practitioners etc.

I believe with written documentation about your therapy you will have more chances to find a doctor.

Have you thought about contacting the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition, maybe they know someone who can help you? 

• Like 2

[Li...]

@[Mi...] You are in a difficult situation.  To my knowledge, there are no detox/rehab centers in the US that use slow, safe cessation methods for benzodiazepines.  Many claim they do, but they don’t.  Instead they put patients through a too-abrupt withdrawal, often add more meds into the mix, and then send the patient home in a state of great distress.  If you have not ready done so, I encourage you to read this blog from The Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC):

Why Prescribed Benzo Patients Shouldn’t Go To Detox or Rehab

In your shoes, I would ramp up efforts to find a medical professional who is willing to prescribe benzodiazepines.  Finding one who is benzo-wise would be a bonus but at this point you just need to find a prescriber.  Given that an increasing number of general practitioners are unwilling to prescribe, you might have better success looking for a psychiatric nurse practitioner or a psychiatrist. 

I checked BIC’s database of benzo cooperative prescribers and did not find any for Indiana.  So, here are suggestions on how to get your request for a prescriber in front of more eyeballs:

1. Post your request to our Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use & Recovery - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support forum.  (It gets more traffic than this one.) Include, an easy to understand subject heading such as “Seeking Benzo Prescriber in Indiana”.  
  2. Post your request to the r/benzorecovery community on Reddit.  My understanding is that one of the moderators may live in Indiana.
  3. Post your request to the Benzo Warriors community on Facebook.  My understanding is that one of the administrators may live in Indiana.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1