Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wave Getting Worse

[So...]

Okay guys, so if you view my last post I had a panic attack out of nowhere a week ago which fed into some minor aka.  Now it has progressed in the last day and I am having severe 10/10 akathisia again which I have not experienced since January.  

I am really scared right now.  Also still tapering mirtazapine and celexa, I've made it to 1mg and 2.4mg respectively.  The taper on them has gone relatively smooth up until now and I was microtapering.  So there were no big changes.  I am 10 months off of klonopin ct.

Is this typical to just have akathisia come on like this again randomly one day or did I somehow mess something up again?  I know aka is just another symptom, but I was so so happy I finally had it manageable and now I feel back at square one.  Literally is acute withdrawal again.

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)

Your aka is back at full force but you are not back to square one in your recovery. It is very normal for symptoms that have faded to suddenly re-emerge months down the line with a scary vengeance.

Be sure to look at your own history to know that it won't stay this strong forever and it will soon be back to the manageable phase again. 

You are so close to being med-free that I would hate to suggest you look into halting your mirt and celexa taper. I don't know whether the aka is coming from being on those meds, tapering those meds, or a symptom of your clonazepam recovery.

Either way this symptom has lessened before and it will lessen again. This is tough, so you will have to be even tougher (easier said than done, but you made it this far so I'd say you are rather tough).

Edited by [Cr...]