Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When Micro tapering boots withdrawals arse

[Ja...]

Dropped from 9mg to 8 mg this morning,0.25 of each 4 doses,I feel those withdrawals but on a lower level,..I hear you knocking but you can’t come in : )

• Haha 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)

Cool your heels Little Richard! Don't want you to get your hopes up too high but sometimes it takes a few days to feel the full effect of a cut.

Also you just cut 1mg from a 9mg dose. That is an 11% cut which falls into standard tapering range. I never tapered so perhaps someone else can chime in, but wouldn't micro-tapering be more like you subtracting .25mg from 1 of your 4 daily doses at a time?

If you find out your current method/rate is working out just fine for you that is awesome! Some people actually get more relief as they get on lower doses or increase/decrease their cut sizes.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[Ja...]

Crono..yea probably eat my words tomorrow pal,.had fatigue earlier and ear ache the now,.just a bit of tongue and cheek,.yea going 10% drops every 10 to 14 days bud

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Or you may do just fine. Always good to be cautiously optimistic. If you do ger hit hard later, try to apply an 'aww shucks' attitude instead of 'oh no!'.  Applying some comedic lipstick to this pig known as 'withdrawal' can help make things easier.

You may want to give this current cut at least 10 to 14 days. If all is well then proceed with what you are doing. Keep in mind that as you go lower, subtracting 1mg (.25 x 4) will become a bigger percentage. Heck once you are down to 2mg that will be a 50% cut. So towards the end of your journey you may want to cut off from one dose at a time instead of all 4.

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Crono,.I just realised that’s %11,..so yea I’d probably say cutting 1mg every 10 - 14 days,.but yea as it gets really low that will change as I go,.and I was thinking if the cuts from 4doses gets to mutch at any point I’ll try rearrange that to 3 doses to keep the dose hight in range.but yea as it is the 4 seems to keep the inter dose withdrawals in line a bit more pal

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Sounds good @[Ja...]. If you do end up cutting from one dose at a time, it may help to always save the night time dose for last one to be cut.