Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo tolerance ??

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

I am tapering AD and have akathisia. I am taking benzo after onset of akathisia from almost one year. Benzo never gave me any relief. i am near to AD tapering completion. I used to take benzo at 8 pm. Now i have noticed that when i take benzo at night it gives me relief from Innerrestless for few hours. 

I am curious, is it benzo which covers my ssri withdrawals for few hours or i have recahed b3nzo tolerance. ???

@[Li...] @[Br...]

Edited by [Ra...]

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

I am tapering AD and have akathisia. I am taking benzo after onset of akathisia from almost one year. Benzo never gave me any relief. When i am near to AD tapering completion. I used to take benzo at 8 pm. Now i have noticed that when i take benzo at night it gives me relief from Innerrestless for few hours. 

I am curious, is it benzo which covers my ssri withdrawals for few hours or i have recahed b3nzo tolerance. ???

@[Li...] @[Br...]

Hey sorry what is AD? 

[jo...]
15 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hey sorry what is AD? 

Anti Depressants

[An...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Anti Depressants

Which Benzo are you taking ? 

[jo...]

Hi sorry it wasn't my post you were commenting on. I'm sure they'll get back soon!

[An...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Hi sorry it wasn't my post you were commenting on. I'm sure they'll get back soon!

Ohh Woops sorry lol 

• Like 1

[Li...]
4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Now i have noticed that when i take benzo at night it gives me relief from Innerrestless for few hours

I am curious, is it benzo which covers my ssri withdrawals for few hours or i have recahed b3nzo tolerance.

Hello @[Ra...].

Tolerance is when exposure to a drug over time results in diminution of one or more of its physiologic effects.

Benzodiazepines have anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxing effects. 

Given what you shared above, it sounds like you have not developed tolerance to at least some of these effects.  

• Like 1

[Ra...]
19 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[Ra...].

Tolerance is when exposure to a drug over time results in diminution of one or more of its physiologic effects.

Benzodiazepines have anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxing effects. 

Given what you shared above, it sounds like you have not developed tolerance to at least some of these effects.  

@[Li...] k does not gives relief akathisia terror and doom Symptoms. Its just calm Innerrestless for few hours .

If k has half life of 20 hours then why its effect does not lasts for whole day,??  Why its effect wear off after few hours?? 

I am stuck between akathisia, AD tapering and benzo.   

[Li...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

If k has half life of 20 hours then why its effect does not lasts for whole day,??  Why its effect wear off after few hours?? 

Per the official US FDA drug label, the elimination half-life of clonazepam is typically 30 to 40 hours.  The half-life of a drug is an estimate of the amount of time it takes for the body to eliminate one-half of the drug ingested.  The duration of action of drug (i.e. how long the effects of a drug last) is a different property.  If memory serves, the duration of action for clonazepam is 6-12 hours (needless to say, this varies by individual). 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
On 21/05/2024 at 04:15, [[L...] said:

Per the official US FDA drug label, the elimination half-life of clonazepam is typically 30 to 40 hours.  The half-life of a drug is an estimate of the amount of time it takes for the body to eliminate one-half of the drug ingested.  The duration of action of drug (i.e. how long the effects of a drug last) is a different property.  If memory serves, the duration of action for clonazepam is 6-12 hours (needless to say, this varies by individual). 

@[Li...] Thank you. 

one more question. 

Is it ok to switch from 2mg pill (1/4) kolonopin to 0.5mg pill of same manfucturer??  Or it can cause further destabilization or withdrawals  

[Li...]

You’re welcome @[Ra...].

Yes it is ok to switch from 2mg pills to 0.5mg pills.  Indeed, there are benefits to doing so — most notably, an increase in dosing accuracy and precision.

Using pills from the same manufacturer mitigates risks associated with changing dose strengths (e.g. ingredients, manufacturing processes, and quality assurance standards should remain constant).

To further mitigate risk, I suggest you make the change gradually if you have the supply to do so.  For example, you could use the 0.5mg pills for one of your doses, but continue to use the 2mg pills for your other doses.  If all went well, you could swap out another one of your doses.   To further mitigate risk, I also strongly suggest that you hold all other aspects of your taper constant (e.g. do not make a reduction in dose, change your dosing schedule, make changes in other medications or supplements).  

• Like 1

[Ra...]
On 23/05/2024 at 22:10, [[L...] said:

You’re welcome @[Ra...].

Yes it is ok to switch from 2mg pills to 0.5mg pills.  Indeed, there are benefits to doing so — most notably, an increase in dosing accuracy and precision.

Using pills from the same manufacturer mitigates risks associated with changing dose strengths (e.g. ingredients, manufacturing processes, and quality assurance standards should remain constant).

To further mitigate risk, I suggest you make the change gradually if you have the supply to do so.  For example, you could use the 0.5mg pills for one of your doses, but continue to use the 2mg pills for your other doses.  If all went well, you could swap out another one of your doses.   To further mitigate risk, I also strongly suggest that you hold all other aspects of your taper constant (e.g. do not make a reduction in dose, change your dosing schedule, make changes in other medications or supplements).  

thank you @[Li...] 

i am on 0.5mg from quarter of 2mg from almost 14 days

I have one more question. I am feeling intense anxiety, trachychardia, inner-restlessness after taking 0.5mg kolonopin from almost previous 4 days . I was sure i have reached tolerance. But i had never feel worse after taking benzo, which now i am experiencing. Benzo was just like sugar pill from prevoius month.  I am already in withdrawals from ssri, still tapering. But benzo makes it more worse now its feels like paradoxical.

My question will it worth to hold ssri tapering and start benzo tapering??