Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ballpark time

If doing a slow symptom based taper from 3mg ativan, what is the range of time it can take to complete a safe taper?

I know it's hard to predict this, but what would be a rough range?

[Li...]

Hello @[...]. One of the most important lessons we need to learn when implementing a symptom-guided taper is “Toss out the calendar.”  Another important lesson is that taper planning is not a one-time event but rather an iterative process. 

However, I can share with you that the ‘slower’ taper regimen for lorazepam in The Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines (Horowitz & Taylor, 2024) has 72 steps starting from a total daily dose of 3mg with reductions made every 1-4 weeks as tolerated.

Posted (edited)

Yes,  topic is moral support, not taper Colin. That's why I asked.

Thanks 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[Li...]

Thank you for the clarification @[...].  Given that you posted your request to the Taper Strategies forum, I assumed you were seeking taper-related support.  Regrettably, I am not in a position to provide moral support via PM at this time.  To find a Buddie who is able to do so, you might try starting a New Topic on our Withdrawal Support forum with a heading along the lines of “Seeking Buddie(s) to Give/Receive Moral Support”.

• Like 1