Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Reinstatement is the same dose enough

[Ma...]

Hi friends I was supposed to reinstate klonopin after a rapid taper of 3 months it leads me to severe withdrawal and i was experienced derealization and this symptoms is not going away this is 3 months over after reinstated klonopin 1 mg is the dose what should I do with derealization. shall I do taper again or is there any requirement for increasing dose to get better 

[Cr...]
38 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Hi friends I was supposed to reinstate klonopin after a rapid taper of 3 months it leads me to severe withdrawal and i was experienced derealization and this symptoms is not going away this is 3 months over after reinstated klonopin 1 mg is the dose what should I do with derealization. shall I do taper again or is there any requirement for increasing dose to get better 

Hello Mallu, I got a little confused. Have you already reinstated klonopin? If not, how long has it been since your last dose? If you have reinstated, how long have you been back on?

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[Cr...]i reinstated my same dose after one month of suffering but the issue that I developed during withdrawal derealization it's not settled with reinstatement what should I do taper it or increase again i am confused buddy this is 3 months after reinstatement 

Edited by [Ma...]

[An...]

It sounds to me like @[Ma...] has already reinstated @1MG of K and the SX of DR has not gone away after the reinstatement. Besides the DR, are you stable? Are any other SXs present? You do not have a history in your profile, but I did read your initial post, and it said you started taking the drug for insomnia, correct?

[Ma...]

@[An...]hi buddy i reinstated same dose 1 mg klonopin but my derealization symptom is not settled what should I do if I must start to taper again and finish or i need to work on the derealization symptom which is developed as a part of withdrawal that I had is there any need for increasing the current dose 

[An...]
4 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[Cr...]i reinstated my same dose after one month of suffering but the issue that I developed during withdrawal derealization it's not settled with reinstatement what should I do taper it or increase again i am confused buddy this is 3 months after reinstatement 

So, have you been back at 1 mg of K now for 3 months, correct?  I don't know if raising the dose would be a good idea. How bad is the DR? Are you taking the 1MG in a single dose or in divided doses?

[An...]

Is the derealization the only sx? How bad is it? Are you symptom free except for the derealization?

[Ma...]

@[An...]i am taking 1 mg single dose DR is not severe when completed to previous withdrawal 

[An...]
Just now, [[M...] said:

@[An...]i am taking 1 mg single dose DR is not severe when completed to previous withdrawal 

Is this the only symptom? Are you stable otherwise?

[Ma...]

@[An...]only symptom is DR and i don't feel any emotions also previously I was very emotional 

[Ma...]

Previous i was able to feel anxiety but now it's a numb blunted state

[An...]

Instead of increasing the klonopin anymore, I personally would think about adding a small dose of a SSRI and see if that would quiet the derealization down for you. I have found lexapro to be the best SSRI with the least side effects for me personally.

[En...]
On 19/05/2024 at 08:33, [[M...] said:

This is why I dont like to mess with the dosages. You never know what you will get into and maybe make things worse. Many times during my tapers I was so tempted to reinstate. Just yesterday I felt so bad I was tempted to reinstate. I didnt do that because I was afraid of making my situation worse. I will ride with the bad withdrawal as it will heal and get better. 

Did you reinstate with your Dr or on your own?