Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does a window signal you’re ready to taper?

[Ne...]

I had my first real “window” today where I felt almost healed for a few hours. Does this indicate I can continue to the next leg of my taper?

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)

How long has it been since your last cut?

If the taper has been going relatively smooth for you and it has been at least 10 to 14 days I'd say it would probably be a good idea to continue on with your taper.

Going forward I don't think you should rely on getting windows on a regular interval as the signal to proceed with doing another cut to your dose. Your windows may come either too closely together or too far apart at times. 

Congrats on the window though! Think of it as a preview into your future when all of this is finally behind you.

Edited by [Cr...]
Grammar

[je...]

Hi @[Ne...]

I'm so happy you got to experience a window! That's great! People define and experience windows differently. During my taper the intensity of my symptoms would lessen for a couple of hours in the evening, but they never went away completely. To me those were windows. I also remember 2-3 times where I had days with absolutely no symptoms and I felt completely normal like you describe, but they were much less than the other windows where my symptoms kind of 'lifted'. Some people don't experience windows during their taper at all.

I had a look at your history, but I'm struggling to understand what you're tapering. Maybe if you make a section at the top of your history page with the drug that you're tapering right now, just listing dates and doses (no sentences), that would help us help you. (You can take a look at how I did my history). Don't delete the other medication as those are important too, but it's just difficult navigating through that much information.