Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering off 3mg lorazepam usage 12 weeks

On 16/08/2024 at 20:48, [[C...] said:

I am going to jump in here because you mentioned tachycardia -- I have been having some lately. I have been tapering valium for about 30 months, first at 1.38 mgs a month, microtaper, and then one mg a month microtaper. I am very sick but have an entirely different background in terms of use than you do.

You are sick from the taper? I’m sorry to hear about you have tachycardia as well. Mine is terrible. 

17 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I’m not at a risk of seizure even if I keep tapering the 0.25mg every 10 days? My doctor doesn’t seem to think there is a risk of seizures at this dose. No I don’t think I need to rethink my reductions. What I’m saying is when I get to the point of my taper when I’m at 0.25 morning, afternoon cut out at 0.25 and 0.5 evening, if I should instead take that morning dose and split it take 0.125 morning and 0.125 afternoon, and 0.5 evening? Idk if I want to do that or just completely cut out the afternoon dose and just do 0.25 morning, 0.5 evening. That’s the cut after the next one so thinking in the future. 

Most people I’m aware of try to keep their doses even for as long as possible. I don’t have a lot of advice on multi dosing as I only dosed once a day.