Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sweating in Withdrawal

[Pa...]

How much If you have extreme sweating in Withdrawal. Since 3 weeks i feel like i am in the middle of a desert, i guess its a new stage in Withdrawal.

It was more than too much at the end of benzo tapering and through the first acute months. Then it stopped completely, less than nothing but now when i'm close to the end of mirtazapine tapering, i feel as if it's going to be back.

Yes, @[Pa...], i think it's most probably a new stage. What about your mirtazapine and GABA, could they be involved?

[Pa...]

@[...]

It could be that the GABA and Mirta together making me more sweating. Overall its getting better since i am back on GABA. I think overall i am 40 maybe 50% healed back on it. But the Anxiety and Depression are still horrific from time to time. It feels like the Withdrawal is still going on alltough i am back on GABA. So i guess i am healing while back on it. The dizziness i neraly gone, only there when i am really stressed, but overall extremely vulnerable to stress. I think 6-12 months is realistic for complete healing

[An...]
On 19/05/2024 at 08:42, [[P...] said:

How much If you have extreme sweating in Withdrawal. Since 3 weeks i feel like i am in the middle of a desert, i guess its a new stage in Withdrawal.

I had to go get Botox under my arms !!!! It’s so bad 

8 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[...]

It could be that the GABA and Mirta together making me more sweating. Overall its getting better since i am back on GABA. I think overall i am 40 maybe 50% healed back on it. But the Anxiety and Depression are still horrific from time to time. It feels like the Withdrawal is still going on alltough i am back on GABA. So i guess i am healing while back on it. The dizziness i neraly gone, only there when i am really stressed, but overall extremely vulnerable to stress. I think 6-12 months is realistic for complete healing

@[Pa...], sure you're healing, GABA or no GABA. It's just a supplement, hardly can penetrate the blood-brain-barrier to affect our GABA receptors.  Are you tapering it as you originally intended or holding the same dose? Perhaps it's better to be taken courses.

I think it's a good sign that your depression and anxiety are not horrific all the time. I didn't have depression but the chemical anxiety was with me till my 9th month. And sure we're temporarily vulnerable to any stress. It will all get better over time and doesn't depend on us much, rather a physical process. I remember you work, yes? How does it feel? It must be really difficult during WD. I can't imagine myself working at your time... Keep going!)

• 2 weeks later...
[Pa...]

@[...]

Its very challenging at the moment. The last 3-4 weeks i will say it was ok. Since Friday the Intrusive thoughts coming back, not that aggressive like before but still present. But thats maybe i cut mirtazapine 2mg and forget take it at at the same time like i normal do. They wasnt there for 3-4 weeks which was nice. I wait to stabilize and then i taper off the GABA and the mirtazapine. 

@[Pa...], hi, once again!)

I'm very glad you felt better for a while. The intrusive thoughts and other things are most probably to come back from time to time and go as well. This is how the withdrawal and, accordingly, healing works.

Sure we must take mirtazapine seriously. Otherwise it can give us some troubles. I'm about to finish my mirt tapering any time but a bit afraid) I do feel the reduction but it's much easier than benzo tapering.

Keep going and update on your condition, at least sometimes, pls)

[Pa...]

@[...]

I will keep you updated at least once a week.

Thx for your reply.

• Like 1

@[Pa...], or anyone of the same concern, could you share your experience in the thread below? It's just the same sweating. Please)