Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Switching back to Xanax after Ativan

[Ro...]

Started taper of Xanax 3 months ago, from 0.5 mg was going good had a few spikes here and there. Finally got a Dr to make a tapering plan using Atiavn .5 mg and Xanax .25. Was in the hospital for a different medical issue. So the Hospital gave me Ativan .5mg only and I didn’t take Xanax for 5 days am I officially switched to Ativan now? Should I continue to taper only with Ativan? 

[je...]

So did you not take any of your Xanax during your hospital stay or was your Ativan dose increased to compensate for the Xanax?

It will really help if you can update your taper history:

Please fill in your medication history, taper details and any other pertinent information so others can provide the best feedback for your situation. 

Profile => Edit profile (top-right of profile banner) => Add succinct use/taper/withdrawal history to 'History' text box => click 'Save' (bottom-right).

I find it very odd that your doctor would introduce Ativan into the taper as well.