Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Facial numbness

[Re...]
8 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Hi @[Re...], just wanted to say that this was 100% true when my left-side went numb for 3-4 days.  All the tests show nothing at all, in fact they probably thought I made it up, but it was real!  I've all of it disappeared except a couple places in my left arm and also parts of left hand.  I can use all just fine, just feels weird, numb.  This Summer with be, 3 or 4 years since.  Sorry, have to look it up in my med-records to be sure, oregonlady PS the weirdest part for me was, well, all of it, but especially the left-side of my head.

I've had severe migraine since I was quite young in grade-school.  Had the aura, stomach upset, and, my left arm would go numb for about 5 minutes.  It felt as if a blood pressure cuff was squeezing my whole arm, hated that feeling.  I had tapered too fast, doctors suggestion, I agreed, a quarter of my 1 mg C per month. Never did that again:wacko: Doc reinstated me to full 1 mg and I was at .24 when this all happened, oregonlady

I am glad to hear your tests are not remarkable. This is good news.  I totally understand the experience you describe.

• Like 1

The arm on the same side is going floppy. I'm frightened now.

On the same topic of numbness on right side of face and the right arm which goes a bit floppy with reduced sensation, my husband took me to a physiotherapy place and I had traction done for my neck. The physiotherapist explained that this could be a pinched nerve if both face and arm are being affected.

Woke up next morning and in a while had strange head sensations on the same side of my head. Hard to explain, not pain,not numbness, not lightheadedness.   It was very different and scary for a couple of hours until I took my noon dose.

Pls help me understand this.

My husband does not read or make an effort to understand anything. I'm being coerced into going for this. He may have my wellbeing in mind, but I hope those head sensations are not a result of traction.

I'm getting worse by the day and petrified 

[Co...]

Hi @[...]

If you have seen a doctor, and in the absence of another explanation, it seems likely the numbness and similar sensations are the result of your reduction to dose. The good news is that these effects do settle down. Though, perhaps not until you have quit for a while. Mileage varies.