Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Glasses and Contacts

[Gu...]

One of my last horrible symptoms is whenever I put in my glasses or contact lenses I get this awful DPDR. I am 31.5 months out and my DPDR really started lifting this last month or so. I can be feeling almost healed then boom when I put on my prescriptions it feels like I’m back in this alien world and everything is too intense and focused and zoomed in. I have the same prescription I had from before benzo withdrawl so it can’t be my prescription. I am feeling ALOT better I still have back/head pain that comes and goes and apathy/depression. Most of my symptoms are gone. I’m getting windows finally just this last month or so. Can anybody relate?

[wi...]

I don’t wear my glasses often because of this. I think perhaps wearing them in short spurts may get your brain adjusted to the visual change? 
The optic nerve/visual perception mechanisms are super strong and in close proximity to the brain. 

[Gu...]
9 hours ago, [[w...] said:

I don’t wear my glasses often because of this. I think perhaps wearing them in short spurts may get your brain adjusted to the visual change? 
The optic nerve/visual perception mechanisms are super strong and in close proximity to the brain. 

Ya thank god I’m not the only one. I think it just takes a period of 3-5 days to adjust and Eventhough I’m getting better and getting somewhat closed to healed. The sensory overload gives me some sort of PTSD 😂😂😂😂😂. I just dealt with extreme dpdr for so many months that when I finnally start to get better from it. Even the slightest changes in my vision makes me all paranoid.