Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Depression during anti biotics

[Lu...]

So I am on day 4 out of 5 of an anti biotic for a sinus infection and it has made me very very depressed. Sucked all of the feel good happy chemicals out of me. I was actually really started to feel good before going taking this, some very good happy windows. Now I feel emotionless and no interest in anything again. I’m pretty heart broken over this. Will this go away once I’m off the antibiotic?? How long do these throw your chemicals out of whack? Can anyone relate?

• Sad 1

[Cr...]

I never needed to use antibiotics while in withdrawal, but I do know that certain kinds can cause some complications. What antibiotic were you on?

Since the gut is considered the 2nd brain, it is always a good idea to keep your gut health up to par.  Antibiotics can kill off a lot of the good bacteria in our bodies. You may want to take some probiotics, yogurt, or kefir milk to help bring good bacterial counts back up.

• Like 1

[Be...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

So I am on day 4 out of 5 of an anti biotic for a sinus infection and it has made me very very depressed. Sucked all of the feel good happy chemicals out of me. I was actually really started to feel good before going taking this, some very good happy windows. Now I feel emotionless and no interest in anything again. I’m pretty heart broken over this. Will this go away once I’m off the antibiotic?? How long do these throw your chemicals out of whack? Can anyone relate?

Count me in. It's been a month post antibiotics and now only I started getting small windows. Hello of a set back. 

Can I ask when u left benzo? And which antibiotics are prescribed for five days?

• Sad 1

[Lu...]

@[Be...]im sorry my friend, glad you’re starting to come out of it! It was azithromyzin 500 mlg for 5 days. How about yours?

[Lu...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

I never needed to use antibiotics while in withdrawal, but I do know that certain kinds can cause some complications. What antibiotic were you on?

Since the gut is considered the 2nd brain, it is always a good idea to keep your gut health up to par.  Antibiotics can kill off a lot of the good bacteria in our bodies. You may want to take some probiotics, yogurt, or kefir milk to help bring good bacterial counts back up.

My wife brought me home some yogurt and probiotic thanks for the recommendation!

[Be...]
Just now, [[L...] said:

@[Be...]im sorry my friend, glad you’re starting to come out of it! It was azithromyzin 500 mlg for 5 days. How about yours?

Mine was metronidazole 400 mg four days and m back to horrible. Muscle weakness in hands and legs along with pain, low bp,  sometimes I feel my hand won't work, overall body weakness and exhausted, head pressure, rib pain which comes and goes, sleep issues and hell lot of depression and crying. I hope you can relate. I never knew that antibiotics can set you back even when I left benzo 2.5 years back and was completely recovered.

[Lu...]
9 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Mine was metronidazole 400 mg four days and m back to horrible. Muscle weakness in hands and legs along with pain, low bp,  sometimes I feel my hand won't work, overall body weakness and exhausted, head pressure, rib pain which comes and goes, sleep issues and hell lot of depression and crying. I hope you can relate. I never knew that antibiotics can set you back even when I left benzo 2.5 years back and was completely recovered.

I’m so sorry :( I absolutely can relate. To every symptom. Important thing to remember for both of us is that it’s just a SET BACK and if we healed before we will heal again! We got this

[Be...]
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I’m so sorry :( I absolutely can relate. To every symptom. Important thing to remember for both of us is that it’s just a SET BACK and if we healed before we will heal again! We got this

I really hope and pray we recover soon from it. Just want to ask one thing. How do you deal with legs and arms weakness and pain. Sometimes do you feel numbness too?

Edited by [Be...]

[Lu...]
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I really hope and pray we recover soon from it. Just want to ask one thing. How do you deal with legs and arms weakness and pain. Sometimes do you feel numbness too?

@[Be...]The only thing I have found that helps is actually using my arms, working through the pain and weakness seems to make it go away for a little while. Even if it’s just lifting them up repeatedly and squeezing my hands. Not sure why it helps but it does. I also turn on the shower as hot as it can go and sit down in the shower and let the hot water run over my arms and back and that gives me alot of relief. Unfortunately no magic remedy. Just time 

Edited by [Lu...]

[Be...]
9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[Be...]The only thing I have found that helps is actually using my arms, working through the pain and weakness seems to make it go away for a little while. Even if it’s just lifting them up repeatedly and squeezing my hands. Not sure why it helps but it does. I also turn on the shower as hot as it can go and sit down in the shower and let the hot water run over my arms and back and that gives me alot of relief. Unfortunately no magic remedy. Just time 

Ohh ok. I will try little excercise of arms. 

Hope it gets better for both for us

• Like 1

[je...]

I struggle a lot with sinus infections. There are times when I don’t require antibiotics and times when I do need to take it. 

What I can tell you is every time I have a sinus infection, regardless of antibiotics I am beyond miserable. I am so down and lethargic and have no interest in anything whatsoever. It might be that your illness is contributing to your state of mind. My guess is you’ll start to feel your happy self again once you recover from the sinus infection. :)