Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

setbacks can ruin your life.

[bw...]

At 5 years off I had an extreme setback caused by pepcid. I was 80% healed. Now my life is an absolute mess. And im back down to 10% healed.

Its been 15 months since my setback with very minimal improvement. I am now 6 and half years off all benzos.

Pretty much allergic to everything. Smells. Foods. Chemicals. Im unable to tolerate tylenol,paracetamol and iburofen. Any over the counter meds cause severe reactions. Im in Alot of trouble. Im unable to work now. Im out of money. I spend my days in bed in acute withdrawal.

Please if anyone is reading. Try to avoid medications like antibiotics and drugs that can cause setbacks.

I have lost everything due to this.

I litterally mean ... everything.

[Ca...]

bwhitters --- I am very sorry to read that Pepcid caused such a setback. Don't lose heart. I know of others who have had similar setbacks from something as innocuous such as Dr. Jennifer Leigh who was bedbound for six months after taking a road trip to visit her parents' farm (she thought it was the repetitive motion of the car wheels during the drive) or Don Killian who had a bedbound setback after listening to binaural beats while he was sleeping. I know Dr. Leigh recovered again but I have not heard anything about Don. Regardless, there is no reason to believe this will continue indefinitely. Just hang in there......:smitten:

[bw...]
6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

bwhitters --- I am very sorry to read that Pepcid caused such a setback. Don't lose heart. I know of others who have had similar setbacks from something as innocuous such as Dr. Jennifer Leigh who was bedbound for six months after taking a road trip to visit her parents' farm (she thought it was the repetitive motion of the car wheels during the drive) or Don Killian who had a bedbound setback after listening to binaural beats while he was sleeping. I know Dr. Leigh recovered again but I have not heard anything about Don. Regardless, there is no reason to believe this will continue indefinitely. Just hang in there......:smitten:

6 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi carol thanks for well wishes.

I know jen got better in a relativley short time. Its agonizing for me at 15 months now and if any improvement.

I also believe don killian never ended up healing after his setback. He went MIA. I believe he would be in his 12 or 13th year off now or thereabouts.

Unfortuatley there is a few of us.

[Re...]
Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2024 at 17:04, [[b...] said:

At 5 years off I had an extreme setback caused by pepcid. I was 80% healed. Now my life is an absolute mess. And im back down to 10% healed.

Its been 15 months since my setback with very minimal improvement. I am now 6 and half years off all benzos.

Pretty much allergic to everything. Smells. Foods. Chemicals. Im unable to tolerate tylenol,paracetamol and iburofen. Any over the counter meds cause severe reactions. Im in Alot of trouble. Im unable to work now. Im out of money. I spend my days in bed in acute withdrawal.

Please if anyone is reading. Try to avoid medications like antibiotics and drugs that can cause setbacks.

I have lost everything due to this.

I litterally mean ... everything.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope you get back to baseline soon. I read in your other post you said a steroid also contributed to this setback?

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

[bw...]
On 18/05/2024 at 15:50, [[R...] said:

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope you get back to baseline soon. I read in your other post you said a steroid also contributed to this setback?

Hi yeah some antiobiotic / steroid eardrops. I had a symptom of severe ear pressure which I thought was infection or something. But the pepcid i was taking caused this symptom.

I still have it for 15months ongoing now.

Its brutal.

[Re...]
49 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

Hi yeah some antiobiotic / steroid eardrops. I had a symptom of severe ear pressure which I thought was infection or something. But the pepcid i was taking caused this symptom.

I still have it for 15months ongoing now.

Its brutal.

I am so sorry. I have heard about steroids causing setbacks in many cases. I am convinced this is cumulative for many of us. This is not the first Pepcid story I have heard either. Thank you for sharing to protect others.

• Like 1