Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

On the other side

[Ia...]

3 years after cold turkey. Not the first time. Polydrug addict. Multiple different RC benzos. Seriously messed up symptoms. Way, way, way worse than any previous withdrawal. Not going to go into it cus you can probably imagine. 

It wasn't just the benzos - I've been very fucked up for a long time by drugs and life in general. Even before benzos.

If you told me 3 months ago I'd be healed by now, I wouldn't have bought it. 

The last few months of recovery i noticed a substantial improvement of symptoms. Its exponential. As things fall back into place it speeds up recovery.

I worked out all the things that got me to take the drugs in the first place. And i done it alone. I had no choice. The health care system in Scotland is absolutely abysmal. There's no help here. 

I now have secure full time job, my own place, and considering the state of society in general and where I came from. I am doing EXTREMELY well, and I'm very proud. 

The challenges benzos have put me through have set me up for a much more positive life going forward ☀️ 

Benzo withdrawal forces you to confront all the psychological and environmental problems many people face throughout their lives - except it's so intense you have to adapt and actually work it out. Some people go through their whole lives not even getting close. 

I'm only 29 but feel like I've developed the strength and wisdom of 2 or 3 lifetimes. 

**** Yeah. 

Bring on the great reset for all I care. Nothing can phase me now. 😌🏖️☀️

• Like 3

[Cr...]
13 minutes ago, [[I...] said:

I'm only 29 but feel like I've developed the strength and wisdom of 2 or 3 lifetimes. 

I do believe I had that same mentality after I recovered from benzo/heavy alcohol use in my 20s.

Its hard to explain, like you would never ever want to go through that withdrawal ever again but at the same time are glad you did go through it becausd it made you a better person.

Welcome to Benzo Buddies. I look forward to seeing more of your recovery and exploring your unique outlook on your adventure thus far.

• Like 1