Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crazy swinging

[gu...]

I’m now at 7 1/2 years and in a four month terrible wave. In the last three days, I’ve had some extraordinary windows. I had a 12 hour period where I felt more peaceful and quiet in my mind than I have ever felt in my entire life. Here it is two days later, and I’ve swung back into crushing Mental anguish. Do other people have these extreme swings? 

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

I get rapid mood cycling sometimes. Anxious one second, depressed the next, euphoric the next etc. It's really unsettling but am told it's a sign of healing. Your brain working things out so to speak. My mood changes have been one of my main symptoms so far. it's not uncommon for me to be fine one day suffering the next, up and down the next etc etc. Then I will get some periods of stability followed by emotional mayhem again and so on and so forth.

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[g...] said:

I’m now at 7 1/2 years and in a four month terrible wave. In the last three days, I’ve had some extraordinary windows. I had a 12 hour period where I felt more peaceful and quiet in my mind than I have ever felt in my entire life. Here it is two days later, and I’ve swung back into crushing Mental anguish. Do other people have these extreme swings? 

Hi Gutsy, what is your general location if you don't mind posting. Only reason I am asking is because there was another member that was suffering far out past their last dose and later discovered they had Lyme's disease (prevalent in NorthEast USA) and eventually found relief.  Another member found out 3 years into recovery that their thyroid was the cause of a lot of the symptoms they assumed were from protracted withdrawal.

If you have ruled out all other possibilities, then a very protracted withdrawal could be the culprit. When it comes to physical and mental health, it is always best to rule out as many things as one can just as a wise precaution.