Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hearing loss.

[Ya...]

I have such severe pressure in my left ear and my right ear is completely blocked. It all came from cold turkey from those damn drugs. Has anyone else had that? It's not about tinnitus but about deafness, hearing loss and pressure. I hate this damn pills. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

there was a time for me that everything seemed muffled and hard to make out. had pressure then too and sometimes now. hears not damaged just malfunctioning. i suspect the pressure has something to do with it. 

[Br...]

@[Ya...] There are so many sensations and discomforts during withdrawal - it's amazing how many areas of the body are affected by benzos. (If you're worried it's wise to have it checked out medically.)  I saw my doctor for ear pain during withdrawal - turned out it was due to to eustachian tube dysfunction and I was given decongestants which helped marginally.  It magically vanished after I mostly recovered from withdrawal.  It's not exactly what you're describing though. If you enter "blocked ears" (in quotes) in the Search box in upper right hand of this page you'll see posts that may relate.

• Like 1

[Th...]

YES! I did during my taper, my left ear just closed off and I couldn't hear. Benzos light to cause trouble in your inner ear, lots of pressure, Tinnitus, hot ears, ear aches, ect... It should fade. I am on my 5 th month clean and the pressure is finally subsiding. Once in a while though, my ear will still close off completely for about 1 min. Ears take their good ol time to heal.

• Like 1

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Yep I’ve had the same issues. Popping ears, muffled ears, ears that feel like they are dripping hot wax, all the stuff. I guess it’s a nervous system issue. It will heal with time. You haven’t lost any hearing for the long term, just a brain issue that will clear up soon! 

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Like 3

[Ya...]

Thank you so much but I’m 14 months off and I swear to god I can’t stand this. Pls help. I beg you. 

• Like 1

[Ya...]
22 hours ago, [[L...] said:

hows the heartrate and bp atm?

To low 90/50 

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Yep I’ve had the same issues. Popping ears, muffled ears, ears that feel like they are dripping hot wax, all the stuff. I guess it’s a nervous system issue. It will heal with time. You haven’t lost any hearing for the long term, just a brain issue that will clear up soon!

[Le...]

hm. i didnt think that would happen to someone in recovery. 90/50. you a marathon runner?

[Ya...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

hm. i didnt think that would happen to someone in recovery. 90/50. you a marathon runner?

No, But I swear to you that I am the worst case since the advent of psychotropic drugs. It is frightening how I feel. Catastrophic.

[Ya...]
15 hours ago, [[L...] said:

i was the opposite. 180/110+ 140+ rate 

yes, for me it is my body and everything is exhausted. my heart, my brain, everything, I don't sleep. those damn bastar…. doctors.