Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What to do if I took my dose too early?!

[ha...]

I was distracted this morning and took my clonazepam and gabapentin doses an hour early! Is it advisable to wait the extra hr to resume my normal dosing times. Is this a destabilizing event?

[Ma...]

No, this isn’t even an error. Just continue as you normally would and please try to realize: It is OK!

You are okay. You’re also human so things like this happen.

Breathe. Distract. Calm your mind.

• Like 2

[ha...]

I feel weird after taking that early dose, but I'm glad to hear it's not an error. Either way, that you so much!

[Br...]

@[ha...]  I want to echo Mary1 that this is not a destabilizing event.  I don't think an hour time difference will have much effect if any.  I agree with Mary1 - little missteps like this mean you're human!  Try to focus on something else and not dwell on this minor event!  

• Like 2

[Cr...]

Brighterday and Mary1 are right. There is basically no reason to worry.

Clonazepam has a decently long half-life. So you shouldn't notice anything major if you just resume your normal schedule.

If it were a short acting benzo like lorazepam or alprazolam then you may have ran into an extra hour of interdose withdrawal, but only for one day.

• Like 1

[Le...]

you are working with a very long acting benzo too. small things like that will have little effect. after over 2 years use and CT the worst of WD didnt happen to me until a month later. I wasnt sleeping at week 2.