Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nausea

[He...]

I can’t shake the nausea today. It’s intense. Any suggestions to help it? Almost 10 weeks off lorazepam.

[Cr...]

Is it worst in the morning? My nausea was bad early on to the point where I was boiling ginger root to make a hot ginger tea to sip.

When I was at my absolute worst to where I couldn't eat much of anything for several weeks I resorted to drinking those Ensure/Boost type of nutritional shakes (slowly) to be sure I got some nutrients and hydration.

You will probably wake up one morning not too long from now with relief, so try to hang in there.

[pi...]

Hello @[He...],

I had nausea as well. I brewed ginger tea and found to be very helpful. You can purchase ginger tea bags but I felt the homemade was stronger and helped my nausea more. I grated fresh ginger and simmered it. After, I strained it and left it out to sip on during the day. I hope this helps. 

• Like 2

[He...]

@[Cr...] thank you for your thoughts. It’s really hard to eat right now. Knowing that this passed for you after so many weeks is helpful. That it’s just part of the process.

@[pi...] I will try that. I have been eating candied ginger but it isn’t helping. With my stools soft I think drinking fresh ginger tea is a better plan. Thank you.

I wanted to note in case it can help anyone that I did drink alka seltzer gold this evening and it gave me a little relief.

[Ca...]

Peppermint tea also helps. I have the nausea frequently. I also drink ginger tea from tea bags, too.  Good luck.:)

• Like 1

[op...]

I had awful awful nausea. It does eventually pass. The only thing that helped was raw ginger- I just chewed it directly throughout the day. Just stuck a piece right in my mouth.

To eat at that time, I would have to distract myself with something like the TV just to get a bit of food down. But it helped.

Mirtazapine also helped me with the nausea - not suggesting another bed for you but just as a very last ditch effort. 

i thought it would never resolve and it did! I eat great now! It will improve. 💛

• Like 1

[Re...]

@[He...] One of the most difficult symptoms I've had was strong, relentless nausea. I am really sorry, however you can be positive that this symptom, too, gets better given enough time.

I absolutely agree on the fresh ginger with @[pi...]. I prepare ginger slices with hot water,and I add some flavoring, too.

The other trick I used were unflavored biscuits early in the morning, just one - two pieces. I would not have been able to eat much more anyway, especially in the morning. 

The other important thing for me, personally, was diet. Eating small portions of fresh salad (and other vegetables) helped my GIT to reach balance. I still have to be really careful with too spicy, too fatty food, even with dairy. 

Some other teas I use: fennel and peppermint. These are also offering distraction, I like preparing them and they are also quite tasty. Keep in mind that peppermint works bit as a diuretic. 

Hang in there @[He...]

Take good care 

• Like 1

[Ca...]

I just read that peppermint aggrevates GERD so if that's an issue, I would use it sparingly. I usually have one cup of ginger tea and one of peppermint tea every night for the nausea.

• Like 1