Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

stress induced waves

[Ka...]

When you are in a stress induced wave, is it common that you start to feel worse after the first couple of days of the wave?  I am confused every time I get setback, being a bit panic.  

• Like 1

[kn...]

Yes, I have a financial dilemma that has been hanging over my head for months. Tomorrow I have an appt where I’ll have to finally deal with it. Every time something like this happens to me, the emotional drain and expenditure of adrenaline sends me off into another wave of symptoms. In a few days, things tend to get exponentially worse. I think it’s due to the fact that the rush of energy we expend in the stress, so depletes us that there’s a delayed response that  totally ‘ ramps ‘ up our symptoms. I’ve experienced this often enough to see a definite pattern. Sorry, I’ve never found any means of relief other than hunkering down and letting time pass. 

• Like 2

[Cr...]

When your nervous system is sensitized from withdrawal and/or recovery it is very easy to get flare-ups from stress. It even took a long time for sounds that I knew were coming (like someone closing a door) to not make my body jolt. There can be a delay in symptoms from a stressor event as some of the effects you feel are from your body destressing itself.

Mental stress can release a dose of cortisol or adrenaline into your body. With a very sensitized system you will find your stress threshold to be very low to the point where even a very minor stressor can potentially have you feeling all sorts of unpleasant symptoms well after the source stressor event has passed.

The good news is that although unpleasant, these aren't true setbacks and your overall recovery is still moving forward. Do your best to pamper yourself during recovery but always remember, stress happens.. but you will be ok.

I found it helpful to examine every scary symptom separately with a scientific mindset. Burning arms and legs? Do your best to calmly "feel" these sensations and acknowledge them as simply 'sensations'. Mock them and challenge them to hit you harder and you will soon realize how much power you have over the symptoms and not the other way around.

• Love 2

[Ka...]

I really thought it was only me having the pattern, so thank you so much for relating to me, knackered and Crono. You both described my situation perfectly. Today things are getting much worse, but you two gave me a big hope and relief that I can feel better again. I am glad to have posted here. 

[Be...]

Yes whenever I am stressed I get chest pain and pressure alongwith head pressure

• Like 1