Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

37months free [BROMAZEPAM/CLONAZEPAM/ALPRAZOLAM]

How are they? I have now been free of benzodiazepines for 37 months.
I feel good, much better compared to previous months.
I don't usually have diarrhea, my skin improved a lot, I don't think much about abstinence, my memory improved, my cognition in general improved, I still have insomnia problems but it's normal for me, I don't really worry.
When I stopped the pills I slept 30 minutes straight, then 1 hour passed, then 2 hours, and 2-3 hours straight, currently I sleep 3-4 hours straight.
I cut down on caffeine and sugar, I only drink a 120-150ml cup of tea all day, and 3-4 tablespoons of sugar.
I think cutting down on caffeine helped me.
I went back to classes at the university, I am becoming more social (before I didn't want to see anyone or leave my house), my life is improving a lot, I feel like I have control of my life, I feel quite functional but not I am 100% cured.

There are many success stories that say that from the age of 3, one feels good, functional, that they reach the middle of the healing, I don't know if it is really true, but in my case, from the age of 35-36 months my life improved a little, I felt good.

Thank you all, my life is improving little by little, and in part it is thanks to this forum and all the content that is in it.

-GP23
Argentina

• Like 2

[pi...]

Hello @[...],

It’s wonderful to read about your improvements  and successes in terms of your benzo recovery. You are reentering life and kudos to you for returning to university. Although you say you are not 100% you are more and more functional as time goes on. Thanks for the update and I wish you continued good healing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[...],

It’s wonderful to read about your improvements  and successes in terms of your benzo recovery. You are reentering life and kudos to you for returning to university. Although you say you are not 100% you are more and more functional as time goes on. Thanks for the update and I wish you continued good healing.

Thank you so much!
In reality, I never left university, I stopped going to classes but if I took my exams, in the same way, I am improving a lot and I am very happy. I hope that in the coming months it will get better and better.

[Ye...]
Posted (edited)

Hello gp23! 3 years is a long long time, maybe it's too long. I was taking 6 mg of clonazepam and I stopped taking It cold turkey and I have barely been able to leave the house for almost 14 months due to anxiety. I am hopeful that during this year at least there will be a significant improvement and I will be able to lead a semi-normal life if not more. If I have to wait 3 years, I don't know if my partner and my family will be so patient because It is already costing them 

I also sleep about 4 hours straight when everything is going well.

Until now you have not felt better? In my case everything is being very linear and except for the first two months, which were even worse, the rest has remained just as bad.

How long did the reduction period take you? How long were you taking the benzodiazepines? I was there for 13 years

You have left me worried with your three years gp23

Edited by [Ye...]

Posted (edited)

@[Ye...]

This is my story: https://benzobuddies.org/topic/248502-bromazepam-alprazolam-and-clonazepam-my-history/#comment-3227495

I took benzodiazepines from July 2019 to April 2021, but there were months when I didn't take it, others I did. Within that time, I will have taken it 11 months out of 21 months.
I stopped cold turkey many times, if you see my stories you will realize, I only reduced twice but they were very fast reductions.
Take normal doses, bromazepam 3mg, clonazepam 2mg and alprazolam 0.5mg. I never took everything together, first it was bromazepam, then I took clonazepam and then alrpazolam.

I understand that 3 years is a long time, I was also worried and anxious about the duration, but most recover between 2-6 years. Your health depends a lot, how long you took it, how you stopped it (cold turkey or reduction), how many mg, your age, etc.

Currently I feel well, I feel functional, I can live my life. I'm not going to lie to you, I lost many things because of this abstinence (friends, women, my academic future), but I can't go back to the past, we have to focus on the present and hope that we heal.

Greetings.

Edited by [...]

[Ye...]

I didn't know you spoke Spanish. I am Spanish and my name is Simón. Nice to meet you!
Of all your psychological and physical symptoms, which would you say were the two or three worst during these 3 years? The ones that made it hardest for you to get through the day
I also use the translator and I am 37 years old.

18 hours ago, [[Y...] said:
I didn't know you spoke Spanish. I am Spanish and my name is Simón. Nice to meet you!
Of all your psychological and physical symptoms, which would you say were the two or three worst during these 3 years? The ones that made it hardest for you to get through the day
I also use the translator and I am 37 years old.

@[Ye...]Hi Simon! 
My worst symptoms were insomnia, anxiety (in general, both mental and social) and perhaps depression or Anhedonia / Apathy, also it has been a long time since my skin has recovered like before, before it took a long time to heal (now it is still the same but not like before).
Likewise, currently I feel good, I feel functional but I am not yet 100% cured.

According to this forum the cure is between 2 years and 6 years. The average being 3-4-5 years. I am currently 37 months old (3 years and 1 month) and things have improved a lot. I think I'm about 50-60 maybe 65% cured.