Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need to Jump but Keep waiting (klonopin from 1mg to 0.05mg)

[cm...]

Hey Group,

I hope everyone had a great weekend and Mothers day! I have been tapering off Klonopin since April of 2023 and am now down to under 0.05mg today. I take once a day in the morning when I wake up. My last cut was mid march of 2024. 

I have been functional for most of the taper but go through waves and windows like everyone on this forum. I know I need to make the last drop or just jump soon, but am hesitant and waiting to stabilize for a few weeks :).

Over the past month, I have had some small panic attacks that seem to throw me into anxiety and malaise for the next few days. This is not something experienced while on the Klonopin for 3 years or during my taper for the last year. Anybody have thoughts or similar experiences while at lower doses?

My best to all,

Chris

[je...]
7 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Over the past month, I have had some small panic attacks that seem to throw me into anxiety and malaise for the next few days. This is not something experienced while on the Klonopin for 3 years or during my taper for the last year.

It might have been that the Klonopin has masked this. Prof Ashton said that at the Valium equivalent of 0.5mg - 1mg you barely have any therapeutic effect from the drug. You are now below that. It might be that previously the drug assisted with stressful situations and now there is no more therapeutic effect. Or it could be that you are so low you are now already showing symptoms similar to when people jump even though you haven't jumped yet. I'm just guessing here.

7 hours ago, [[c...] said:

My last cut was mid march of 2024. 

If you have been holding for two months and you have not made big cuts in the months prior, then two months should generally be enough to stabilize. 

I jumped 18 months ago and I still struggle with anxiety and mild panic attacks that were caused by the benzo's. It is however getting better with time. 

• Like 1