Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety

Hello anyone's anxiety worse when doing something. Or afterwards 

Why is this  thank you.  Xx

Also does it cause a wave or setback..think. I had a 2 minute window.if that is possible now feel worse then ever.  Xx

[Be...]

Hi @[...] I used to have anxiety more when I was alone but any type of distraction will lessen the effects. What is your current issue? Have u left benzo or still on it?

Been of nearly 3 year's. I.tappered of 45mgs Diazapan in 11 or 13 months thank you.  Xx

[or...]

mine depends on "what" I'm doing.  If I'm talking on the phone with a difficult person, mine shoots sky high.  If I'm doing something like my dishes, I feel super calm, oregonlady PS if I am in a hurry, feeling I might be late for an appt. mine shoots sky high as well :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

That happens to me sometimes. If I do a lot of excercise etc. It's because our nervous system is more sensative now so anything that puts pressure on it can cause symptoms. it's our bodys way of warning us to take it easy i think

I have anxiety 24/7 do you.  Xx

24Is the nervous system still sensitive 3 years out

X

[Be...]

@[...] trust me it's worst kind of drug I have have ever consumed in life. I am also two and half years out still a small mistake of doctor resulted in my symptoms back right now. I am currently suffering from relapse of symptoms 

[Ma...]

For me it’s not anxiety per se, but a physical reaction to stimuli. As the above said, you CNS is sensitized to just about anything as it tries to regain homeostasis.

I force myself to go out and spark conversations with neighbors or even strangers if they give my dogs attention.

Just a couple of weeks ago my brain would shut off after a couple of minutes and I would literally walk away. Or I felt like I would stroke out at a minute.

Yesterday however none of that happened. I even spoke to a group of 4 competently 😳!

I read somewhere about neurons losing their connectivity, strength if not used. Just like neuroplasicity is about continuous repetition to strengthen those connections.

For me that seems to be working bit by bit.

Maybe it’s also the basis behind Exposure Therapy-you just keep exposing yourself to incredibly uncomfortable situations, telling your brain and self they’re safe and soon it just happens.

Keep going, keep trying-just don’t give up and I believe with time you will see great strides!

Now: cross your fingers that I can get my hair cut this week!

• Like 2

XThank you how long 3has it been for you  3 yeats for meŵ

59 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[...] trust me it's worst kind of drug I have have ever consumed in life. I am also two and half years out still a small mistake of doctor resulted in my symptoms back right now. I am currently suffering from relapse of symptoms 

I'm so sorry.  I'm 3 years worse then ever. Do you think its still withdrawal.  Xx

How. Long have you been of.  Was you alright until the antibiotics s I took antibiotics a about 8 months ago 

It can't be that now can it

Xxxd

Not sure. I think so. How long is it since you took.antibiotsxx

[Pe...]

@[...]and @[Be...] which antibiotic were each of you prescribed that caused the setbacks? I have some severe chronic illnesses and need to go on and off antibiotics pretty frequently. I’m still tapering, but I’d hate to do something now or after jumping (months and months to a year from now).

Are there safe antibiotics or extra damaging ones for those of us dealing with benzo withdrawal? I’m so sorry you had this setback. 

[Be...]
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[...]and @[Be...] which antibiotic were each of you prescribed that caused the setbacks? I have some severe chronic illnesses and need to go on and off antibiotics pretty frequently. I’m still tapering, but I’d hate to do something now or after jumping (months and months to a year from now).

Are there safe antibiotics or extra damaging ones for those of us dealing with benzo withdrawal? I’m so sorry you had this setback. 

I was prescribed with metronidazole 400mg daily for four days and ever since I completed course am back with symptoms even after two years of back to normalcy from benzo withdrawal.

Edited by [Be...]

After the first 2 days I noticed symptoms getting worse. Can I ask can you eat sugar and chocolate. Xx