Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone have a tragedy and up there dose for a month or so?

[Je...]

Hey warriors.  when my dog and best friend  of 15 year  put to sleep, I went from 6mg)which took. me almost 2 years from 25-30 my Valium.  

for that month I did maybe 20mg of Valium.  

knowing doctors and how they think you could just cut it down super fast, I thought maybe someone has been in this situation and has a better knowledge. 

I don’t want to get my tolerance staying too high for too long so I’m thinking a faster taper back to my original 6mg. 

Something like dropping a mg of Valium every 2 days?  There’s no may my tolerance is back to 20mg for such a short duration.  

any thought? Thank you all!

[Bu...]

Hi @[Je...],

I just wanted to say I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  I know how awful that is.  I'm not sure about how fast for the taper, but I'm sure others with better knowledge will be a long soon.

Blessings

• Like 1

[Je...]
On 11/05/2024 at 20:59, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Je...],

I just wanted to say I am so sorry to hear about your dog.  I know how awful that is.  I'm not sure about how fast for the taper, but I'm sure others with better knowledge will be a long soon.

Blessings

Thank you!!

[No...]

@[Je...] Hello, sorry for your friend. I've updosed last month (April 1st) due to health issue from 0.5 mg of K to 1 mg which is lets say from 10 mg to 20 mg of Valium. I did it for only 7 days and then back to 0.5 again. It took me 25 days to get "stable" and was a misery.. You can consider to start slowly and see what happens, I would do that but it is your decision. Wish you luck.

[Ma...]

A month on a higher dose is enough to get back into the physical dependance on that dose. 
So I would start slow and stabilize in between cuts to see what happens.

Valium is a long acting benzo, so could take a while to notice withdrawal symptoms when cutting to quickly (1mg every two days). If you go too fast, you might end up with a build-up of withdrawal symptoms.